Questions for Fraggle's Terry Angus

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have a question about The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years. I've actually been wondering this for the past few years, and I hope that I ask it in a way that makes sense.

But throughout that special, there are wide shots of the various Muppets at tables, and close-up shots of certain tables. For all of the audience scenes, whether close-up or not, were the tables and such set up the whole time, or were certain tables taken down when a close-up of a section was shot?

Again, I hope I'm clear in what I'm asking.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Fraggle rock questions for Terry Angus

I have a question about The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years. I've actually been wondering this for the past few years, and I hope that I ask it in a way that makes sense.

But throughout that special, there are wide shots of the various Muppets at tables, and close-up shots of certain tables. For all of the audience scenes, whether close-up or not, were the tables and such set up the whole time, or were certain tables taken down when a close-up of a section was shot?

Well I have no idea about this but maybe you should ask Mr Terry Angus.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Question for fraggle's Terry angus

Hi Collgoff,

It’s always good to see someone new on here and I hope that you are having fun. Here are the best answers that I can give you.

1. the 30 minute work week was the pilot for Fraggle Rock to show what the show could look like and it had also let Henson and the CBC (Canadian Broadcast Corporation) as well as HBO see what problems there could be and what changes they would want.

As we know a pilot tends to look different from the rest of the series. The feeling was that they did not want that show to be the first to air as they felt it was not a proper episode to introduce the show. The reason they decided to write the episode to introduce Fraggle Rock around the 7th or 8th episode was to get a better handle on the characters themselves. So around that time the episode “Beginnings” was produced introducing who and what Fraggle Rock was.

2. Myra Fried was the first Ma Gorg and the reason she was replaced on Ma Gorg with Cheryl Wagner was not too clear to me. One reason I heard was that Jerry Juhl didn’t like the way Myra was doing the role. Myra did stay on for a bit to perform background with the rest of us but did leave after a bit. It must have hurt very badly for her to watch someone else doing Ma Gorg. I felt very badly for her.

3. Why Jerry Juhl chose me to work the Storyteller after Richard gave her up? Why not? All kidding aside. In those days I was real good with Muppet impersonations. I could do Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter and the list went on and I still can. I can only guess that was why he asked me to do her. He knew that I would sort of do it like Richard. In fact I asked Jerry “Do you want me to do it like Richard or different?” Jerry told me to do it the way I wanted to. So I decided to do it part Richard and made it my own as well.

Well that’s it and thanks for the questions Collgoff. Take care of yourself and have fun in whatever you do.

Terry Angus

P.S. to you all,

I did not realize until now that there have been some questions I did not answer here yet. So what I will do is copy these questions and the next two nights take the time to think about and answer them
Dear Mr Terry Angus,
Thank you for answering my question and I might may ask some other time.
From
Collgoff

ButchCat

Reaction score

Hello muppetz,

For most of the shooting all the tables where set up and we shot everything that had to do with all of the characters. Once they got everything they needed with EVERYONE, they would start taking away the tables as they didn't need them doing close ups until there was only the head table left (With Kermit Fozzie etc.). For those shots I remember working the band members that were seen. I can't remember very well but I think I was in Zoot for most of that or was it Lips?

I got to work Kermit during the zoom in to Miss Piggy's intro. For the scenes requiring EVERYONE. I was at the Monster table working Mulch (The Frankenstein looking blue guy)

Well I guess that's it for now and Collgoff if you have another question go ahead and ask it.

Take care all,

Terry Angus

Collgoff

Reaction score
Dear Mr.Terry Angus,
Well It's been days since I ask you my questions.
So right now I got some ones I might ask you.
1. In the minstrels episode of Fraggle rock and there was a part where Red's hand was glowing when she took Cantus's pipe and when red found her song. So why's Red's hand was glowing in that episode?
2. Did you know the episode of Fraggle rock called Marooned was a episode favorite of Dave Goelz And Karan Prell's?
3.Why the Young storyteller looked a little different in the Born to wander from the riddle of rhyming rock one?
4. Can you please tell me how did Wembley episode that was never filmed before playing till it hurts?
5. In the incredible shrinking Mokey when Mokey was shrinking into a size as doll. How they able to make Mokey shrink?
6. If Jerry Nelson and Steve Whitmire were doing the episode Jounor sells the farm and Dave Goelz isn't doing any role in it.What was Dave doing when the episode was filmed?
7.Why Bob Stutt filled in for Richard Hunt In the brush of jealousy episode and later filled in for Dave Goelz in Jounor faces the music?
Well that's all of my questions for you.
From Collgoff

Canadian Fan

Reaction score
Hi, Terry! I didn't realize that you are from Nova Scotia (I live in Prince Edward Island). I see you every year performing Butch on the IWK telethon, I love Butch. How did Butch become a part of the telethon? I consider him to be the official mascot.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Hi, Terry! I didn't realize that you are from Nova Scotia (I live in Prince Edward Island). I see you every year performing Butch on the IWK telethon, I love Butch. How did Butch become a part of the telethon? I consider him to be the official mascot.
I'm not really not Terry please Trerry's page is Butchcat.
Don't worry this happens before.

Collgoff

Reaction score
Dear Mr. Terry Anguss,
all those thing you did in Fraggle rock, Blizzard island, and everything.
So I have some things I want to know right here now.
1.How did you came up with Blizzard island?
I hear that there were only 12 episodes of that show.
2. What was the hardest part of performoming the storyteller Fraggle?
I know you did the part after Richard Hunt didn't want to do her anymore and the reseon why Jerry Julh chose you to do her.
3. Did you still see the muppeteers after Fraggle Rock to this day?
4. How many more jokes about Morss Fraggle being the son the storyteller and Teaveling Mott?
Well red that joke and it was one of the funniest I ever heard.
5.Why Blizzard island only had 12 episodes?
6. How come the woman in the Fraggle addtions yelled that Richard Hunt was crazy?
7.Were there other things was planed for Fraggle rock and never use?
I know that one of those thing was that fraggles came from eggs like birds.
So those were my questions sure hope you'll type back.
From
Collgoff

RedFraggleRocks

Reaction score
"The other scene is when Gobo is dropped by Jr. Gorg down to the Great Hall into the Fraggle Pond and I am operating the same purple/pink Fraggle only this time the Fraggle is sitting on a rock holding a flower."
OMG I loved that little Flower holding Fraggle in the theme song when I was little!!! I called her Flower Fraggle LOL