How is a Fraggle born? Where do Fraggles come from?

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Some people on the old Fraggle Rocker forum decided that fraggles are hatched from eggs, based on the moment when the storyteller was beginning to tell of the Life and Times of Fidora Fraggle.
But given scientific terms, aren't we ALL "hatched from eggs"? :big_grin:

Therefore, there's no concrete answer to where the Fraggles come from...they just ARE! :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Baby Fraggles come from the Radish patch, of course! :wink: Wait, sorry, my bad. They didn't even know about radishes until Uncle Matt found them :stick_out_tongue:

I always assumed the "fab 5" were in their mid to late teens. If they were kids then I don't think they'd go off and live alone in "apartments" and travel alone and such... but then, maybe it's different with Fraggles :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Baby Fraggles come from the Radish patch, of course! :wink: Wait, sorry, my bad. They didn't even know about radishes until Uncle Matt found them :stick_out_tongue:

I always assumed the "fab 5" were in their mid to late teens. If they were kids then I don't think they'd go off and live alone in "apartments" and travel alone and such... but then, maybe it's different with Fraggles :smile:
Yeah, it could be different, given that some animals in real life are abandoned by their caregivers as soon as they're about to move about!

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yeah, it could be different, given that some animals in real life are abandoned by their caregivers as soon as they're about to move about!
Fraggles seem too loving to be those sort of animals :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, recall that I never said family moved too far away & besides, they're surrounded by friends of their own kind and friends within our human world & within the Gorg's garden! The Fraggles have it made in life! ^_^ *wishes he could be a Fraggle*

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Redsonga said:
We see a parent/child in the opening sequence, and there may have been one or two here and there in episodes ... don't remember.

I wouldn't say they're abandoned as soon as they can walk. Gobo obviously hung out with Matt growing up. I would suspect that after a Fraggle is weaned, they are paired with another relative or friend (if Wembley is the youngest, that may be why he moves in with Gobo), and only when they reach "maturity" can they successfully live on their own.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
We see a parent/child in the opening sequence, and there may have been one or two here and there in episodes ... don't remember.

I wouldn't say they're abandoned as soon as they can walk. Gobo obviously hung out with Matt growing up. I would suspect that after a Fraggle is weaned, they are paired with another relative or friend (if Wembley is the youngest, that may be why he moves in with Gobo), and only when they reach "maturity" can they successfully live on their own.
Indeed, but the Fraggles like being together (the five especially). XD

wemblingalong

Reaction score
Fraggle Eggs?

I always saw the main 5 like college kids. Out on there own living in there own cave for the first time. Wembly the nervous Freshmen, Gobo the Sophomore ready for adventure, Boober the uptight studier, Red the party girl and Mokey her mis-matched roomate/hippie girl.

Where did they come from, wow, good question. Do you think Fraggles lay Fraggle eggs? I see Fraggle eggs as very colorful maybe the way they would be colored is similar to the color of the characters. Gobos would be orange and purple, Red's would obviously be Red, and etc. Maybe once they are laid they are put in a Grand Fraggle nest and a group of Fraggles hatch at the same time surrounded by songs from the surrounding families and the elder fraggle! Who knows maybe after the new Fraggles are hatched the Fraggle Horn is blown for all the inhabitants of Fraggle Rock to celebrate the newborns! :excited:

Sorry sometimes my imagination runs away with me! :coy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, if it proved that Fraggles lay eggs and it's already obvious that they're fur-bearing, does that mean that the Fraggles are like platapuses?

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yes, I think that is what they are like, like I said before:
The only thing that I can think of is maybe a long lost type of Platypus- since they love swimming, are furry, hatch from eggs and are mammals as far as I can tell:wisdom:. Plus, you can almost see where their muzzles use to be bird like :confused: