Sesame Street classic episodes on YouTube

YellowYahooey

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2019
Messages
890
Reaction score
190
^ Episode 3695, from Season 29. Was this ever released to Max or any streaming service?

It seems as if there's been a lot of episodes from the 1990s and early-2000s on the Workshop's Classics Channel lately.
 

ssetta

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
2,334
Reaction score
150
This episode has not been released before, and if you look closely, there’s actually 2 segments that were replaced. Those were the 2 segments that were about counting to 10 in Spanish. And I think I now know why all those episodes have Spanish segments cut and replaced. I think these versions of the episodes were intended to be distributed internationally.
 

minor muppetz

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2005
Messages
16,113
Reaction score
2,679
This episode has not been released before, and if you look closely, there’s actually 2 segments that were replaced. Those were the 2 segments that were about counting to 10 in Spanish. And I think I now know why all those episodes have Spanish segments cut and replaced. I think these versions of the episodes were intended to be distributed internationally.
Somebody on the Toughpigs discord told me that recently.
 

JamesCTW

Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2026
Messages
21
Reaction score
16
This episode has not been released before, and if you look closely, there’s actually 2 segments that were replaced. Those were the 2 segments that were about counting to 10 in Spanish. And I think I now know why all those episodes have Spanish segments cut and replaced. I think these versions of the episodes were intended to be distributed internationally.
Sort of reminds how the Japanese broadcasts of old episodes of the show would do the same thing.
 

wiley207

Well-Known Member
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
905
Reaction score
250
I was REALLY surprised that episode's airing of the Sesame Street News "Rapunzel" segment actually retained the original 1972 "NEWS FLASH" logo at the start, as this was during the time they were replacing older "NEWS FLASH" logos with the 1986 version on newer reruns of such segments, as was the case when that particular segment was rerun in Seasons 30 and 32 (the latter being the final time a Sesame Street News segment aired on the show).

Speaking of final airings, this was also the final time the "Yakity Yakity Yak" animated segment that scared me as a kid was shown. It kept up the practice during the "Around the Corner" era of having the shattering screen transition to the next segment instead of darkness, but with an unusual variation, where the screen initially shatters to show blackness that then "shatters" away as a cheesy video effect to reveal the next segment.
 
Top