Question about a Pigs in Space sketch (Alice Cooper episode)

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Normally I would post on the Classic Sesame Street forum, but once in a while I may contribute to a thread about The Muppet Show. So I thought I'd bring up this topic.

I heard of a Pigs in Space sketch on the Alice Cooper episode in which Link developed a rare space disease, but the other crew used a device to make him better - while he was cured, at the same time he becomes invisible except for a white outline. Eventually, Link would kiss Miss Piggy and turn her into an outline. Dr. Strangepork laughed at the two and Miss Piggy slapped him and turned the last surviving crew member into an outline. Eventually, the spacecraft's interior turned into a pink outline with a black background before Jerry Nelson signed off the segment.

I'd like to ask, what made the white outline effect possible? Was it due to technology called rotoscoping?

Last edited:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Normally I would post on the Classic Sesame Street forum, but once in a while I may contribute to a thread about The Muppet Show. So I thought I'd bring up this topic.

I heard of a Pigs in Space sketch on the Alice Cooper episode in which Link developed a rare space disease, but the other crew used a device to make him better - while he was cured, at the same time he becomes invisible except for a white outline. Eventually, Link would kiss Miss Piggy and turn her into an outline. Dr. Strangepork laughed at the two and Miss Piggy slapped him and turned the last surviving crew member into an outline. Eventually, the spacecraft's interior turned into a pink outline with a black background before Jerry Nelson signed off the segment.

I'd like to ask, what made the white outline effect possible? Was it due to technology called rotoscoping?
Oh, boy. I don't know but I thought I'd post a reply anyway because I see this post has bern idle the whole week and believe me I know how frustrating that can be because I often have the same problem. That is a good theory about rotoscoping though. Maybe I'll look that up and see if it's possible that may have been done in that sketch.