The Muppets on Holey Moley Season 4 Episode 10 on Tuesday July 12, 2022

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 10 - The Greatest Game
ABC Premiere: Tuesday July 12, 2022

In the Season 4 finale, finalists compete to make it to the next phase on Full Mooney and break a leg at Holeywood. The round one winners battle it out in a game-changing second knockout round at The Parcade, where one is eliminated. The last two remaining champions face off in a glamourous final round at The Distractor, all while Miss Piggy prepares to take center stage, and Kermit the Frog joins in on the action from the booth.

Note: The Muppets are appearing each week throughout the fourth season of Holey Moley. Tune in and see the Muppets each Tuesday night on ABC at 8 pm eastern, 7 pm central. The episodes are also available to stream the next day on ABC.com and Hulu.com.

If you saw "The Greatest Game" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay...

Good Points:

Uncle Deadly appearing in the intro, though looking at it now after the fact, his dialogue was direct foreshadowing.

UD: I prefer the less obvious shadowier backshadows.

Kermit T. Frog as part of the booth for Full Moony. Frankly, :smile: should have stayed in the booth for the entire episode.

Bad Points:

The zinger at the end with Statler and Waldorf was total lamesauce, not even funny at all.

Then again, what do you expect since the whole season of Muppet appearances has been in line with Holy Moley itself, a collection of one-off hits and swinging misses.

*Can't get "Holy Moley, Holy Moley, The greatest game!" out of my head. :sing:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Such a waste of time. I hope the performers can put whatever money they were paid to some good use. Other than the one scene with Big Mean Carl, this was nothing of merit.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
They really should have figured out a way for Piggy to be the distractor instead of Mai.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I usually put Holey Moley on in the background and glance every once in a while when the muppet parts appear. From what I can tell, they probably only make up about a fifth of the episodes at best. Not surprised but kinda ridiculous given how much they advertised that the muppets were being added to the show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
From what I can tell, they probably only make up about a fifth of the episodes at best.
Worse than that. We'll be generous and say three minutes tops per episode. For a 42 minute show, that's about 1/14th of any given episode.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So is anyone willing to make a supercut of all the Muppet parts so we can watch them all in one place?

theSHE124

Reaction score
I can understand the limitations of Muppet interaction with the course. It's hard to do a Muppet takeover on anything ABC-related.

Kermit on the booth was the best highlight. Even Joe and Rob loved the frog's quick on the quips.

The one thing I don't get is what happened to Stephen Curry and Pepe. Last I checked, the two were on more peaceful terms shooting a pilot for ABC, but that got cancelled before it could air. So how was it they still used the "Department Santa" lookalike for the remainder of the season? And why was the real Stephen's introductions still used after the kidnapping??

My parents have no idea where Stephen is now in the Holey Moley lore. Unless this a tie-in to a new season, this substory's resolution is more of a gaping plothole, very disappointing for HM, and one I believe reduces Muppet accuracy to my personal rating of 75%.