The breakfast cereal thread

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That’s pretty much what Cocoa Puffs are. Chocolate- powdered Kix.

I haven’t eaten them forever either.
As I said, you reach a certain age when you don’t eat cereal anymore for a sugar rush.
You eat it for nutrition and fiber. If you like a fruity taste, you put your own fruit on.

If I have creak now, my first choice is oatmeal.
For cold cereal, this is my pecking order:

Rice Krispies
Cheerios (Honey nut is still okay)
Rice Chex
Grape Nuts
Quaker 100% Natural

once in a blue moon, maybe Frosted Flakes. But that’s as close to Sugar Bimb City as I’ll come.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The only cereal I could not do is Raisin Bran - raisins just upset my stomach.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I love raisins, haven't had them in ages. What Mom buys now are chocolate-coated raisins or raisinettes, which are good, I'll eat them when I get my acid attacks in the middle of the night, but the barrel has so many I kind of prefer to stick with other options for the same result.

As for cereals... For some reason I just won't touch the new heart-shaped Honey Nut Cheerios. Apart from my gripe there aren't any nuts and it only has the barest hint of a honey taste, I feel like back in the mid-2000's when Sesame was trying way too hard in pushing the nutritional value of food.

So my rankings are:
1 Honey Bunches of Oats.
2 Original Oat Cheerios with whatever fruit I may have.
3 Cracklin' Oat Bran.
4 Toasted Oat Squares.
5 Sugar Corn Pops, the only sugary cereal from my childhood that has stood the test of time except for dropping their mascot.
:insatiable:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Walmart is now carrying a new Christmas cereal from Kellogg's: Elf on the Shelf cereal, which comes in two different flavors, sugar cookie and hot cocoa, both come with little marshmallows. I gave the sugar cookie one a try, and while it's pretty good, it's also kind of disappointing . . . I find it actually tastes more like butter cookies than sugar cookies, and a buttery flavor is highly unusual for a breakfast cereal if you ask me. Maybe I'll give the hot cocoa flavor a try and see how it compares.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Cracklin’ Oat Bran is one of my favorites. Never gets soggy, and the fiber really cleans your plumbing really good. However, even back in the 70s, it was probably the most expensive cereal at five bucks a throw. But well worth it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Walmart is now carrying a new Christmas cereal from Kellogg's: Elf on the Shelf cereal, which comes in two different flavors, sugar cookie and hot cocoa, both come with little marshmallows. I gave the sugar cookie one a try, and while it's pretty good, it's also kind of disappointing . . . I find it actually tastes more like butter cookies than sugar cookies, and a buttery flavor is highly unusual for a breakfast cereal if you ask me. Maybe I'll give the hot cocoa flavor a try and see how it compares.
Yup. Turns out, the hot cocoa flavor Elf on the Shelf cereal is much better than the sugar cookie one.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some kind of national Krispies shortage going on right now or something? Because there are no Krispies to be found anywhere . . . Rice Krispies, Frosted Krispies, Cocoa Krispies, where are all the Krispies?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dear world,

Where are all the Rice Krispies?

Sincerely, somebody who really would like some Rice Krispies

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Braces for the inevitable music video parody of someone singing "Where have all the Krispieeeeeeeeees gone?"