Video: Sesame Workshop virtual gala featuring John Legend, Jimmy Fallon, Michelle Obama and Amanda Gorman

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The virtual Sesame Gala is still online for now, but can someone please back this up so it can be preserved? The fantastic song performances shouldn't be lost to history.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Joey came back to write this, huh? Curious...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Where there any advance notice about this?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Where there any advance notice about this?
Slight. They premiered it to actual paying donors on the 2nd, then I think yesterday or the day before they posted on social media that they were making it public.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Joey came back to write this, huh? Curious...
I know this is wishful thinking, but what if after Joey left, he learned that Sesame was still doing parodies (just online now) and they weren't forcing Elmo into every single street story so he asked to come back?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, have they? I can't remember the last spoof thing they did online (The Monster Mash one?). And I think there's more Elmo in the show now more than ever, so I wouldn't say your second notion is true either.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I mean, have they? I can't remember the last spoof thing they did online (The Monster Mash one?). And I think there's more Elmo in the show now more than ever, so I wouldn't say your second notion is true either.
Granted it's been a while since they've done parodies, but they could make more eventually. Elmo's been in every new cold open, but has he been in every new street story this season? Maybe Joey learned that they were doing the Not-Too-Late Show, which is more comedy based and less education based, and he wanted to get in on that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It doesn't sound like he's in one of the upcoming episodes (#5134), but so far he's been in every street story. He's also in every cold open and closing, the "I Wonder..." things, the letter/number intros, the segues in the middle, and Elmo's World. That's a lotta Elmo.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Honestly, do not hold your breath for anything, like has been said before it could be a one and done deal