Muppet Guys (And Gals) Talking: The Muppet Family Interviews Thread

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Here are some great interviews with Johnny T. I loved hearing that his first puppet job was the Starts and Street Forever special, and where the deep voice for the AM who got the number one ticket in CinderElmo came from:

Grumpo

Reaction score

The exclusive behind-the-scenes look at all the hard work of multi-talented team making this:

(ngl, that's funny)

Youtube comment said:
Q: Hi Steve do you have a favorite Cave-in episode?
A: Hard to point to just one. While it is always fun to do the live calls, I do like it when we are able to change things up a bit, like when Weldon was displaced from his cave and did the show from a field, or when he had stocked his cave with items in anticipation of the pandemic (so he could sell all the stuff to people), and I think the Yule Log was fun...to watch once an the day!

Grumpo

Reaction score
New Dave Goelz interview!

Henson people. JIM Henson people. There's not many of them left, every appearance is a treasure!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
New Dave Goelz interview!

Henson people. JIM Henson people. There's not many of them left, every appearance is a treasure!
Loved this interview. I really enjoyed the part where he talked about how Richard Hunt and him used to debate about Beaker. For those who didn't watch, Richard would say that Beaker is there because he feels sorry for the poor, misguided Bunsen while Goelz says he's just there for the paycheck. I never actually knew of this before and it's very interesting to hear how Richard Hunt interpreted the character. And the line where he says that he feels like "he's still filling for Jim" (in regards to performing Waldorf) is so sad. With Dave Goelz being the last remaining original performer still working with the Muppets, it's really just wonderful when we get to hear what he has to say.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This podcast with Rick Lyon is interesting, particularly because he praises Steve's performances as Beaker:

ShMuppetgal96

Reaction score
Here are some great interviews with Johnny T. I loved hearing that his first puppet job was the Starts and Street Forever special, and where the deep voice for the AM who got the number one ticket in CinderElmo came from:
OMG I never realized that character was John!