Did you notice an Elmo's World change?

somethingofafan

Reaction score
I was watching my local PBS station this morning, and Sesame Street had rearranged the contents of at least one of its episodes. The episode number was (I think) 4048 (the street segment was the one with Telly and Baby Bear trying to convince Rosita that a frog she found was actually a prince), but the Elmo's World segment was "feet", which could not have aired originally before the first airing of 4055 (due to Curly Bear's appearance).

Any explanations?

ssetta

Reaction score
You know, I noticed that, too. And also, the segment that was in between the Spanish word and Elmo's World wasn't there before either. I don't know what to tell you.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Didn't they also take out all occurances of the phrase "You've got mail"? Even though AOL sponsors SS?

eric

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
I am also wondering the same thing. I can only recall watching the episode when I had just moved to a new street in October 2005. 7 years later, I saw the episode on Sprout and noticed no change, it had shown Feet, not Bugs. And according to the trusted documents provided by Shane, Feet did not air until after its official broadcast after the last weeks of December 2003.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Didn't they also take out all occurances of the phrase "You've got mail"? Even though AOL sponsors SS?
Maybe the show lost the rights to be sponsored by AOL by the time this post was originally made in 2004, perhaps?

Fozzieboba

Reaction score
Maybe the show lost the rights to be sponsored by AOL by the time this post was originally made in 2004, perhaps?
Didn't they cut it in the Sprout airing as well? Sprout had cut the email scenes of some EW segments.