You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well said. If you’re a little kid, and you break something, and your parents ask “Who broke that?” It is best to fess up. But kids being kids, they’ll still try and shift the blame. It’s easier to do if you have siblings.
If you’re an only child, the dog can only rake the fall for you do many times.
But there is a grain of truth in their Meir message. The worst thing you can ever do is lie to your parents.
That will give them more grief than you fighting, getting bad grades, or getting in trouble at school.
When I was 11, I found out the hard way how bad it was to lie to my folks. Eventually they’ll find out the truth, and you’ll get busted.
My punishment for lying was no tv, and no pool for a week. It was a hot summer, so that got me where I lived.
And they wouldn’t bend at all.
But it worked. I never got in trouble again.
My sister, however...

Any Del

Reaction score
You ever wonder why people are hypocritical when you do something wrong? Let's say you were part of the problem of a situation and then people that were also part of the problem single you out and say things like "You're a liar. I don't even know you. I want you to live with that. You don't even care." Then proceed to mock you like "Now you got extra burdens (laughing)", throw labels at you and such.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What goes around comes around. Eventually.
There was a thing a few years back of some clique of high school girls ignoring a new girl in the cafeteria.
Then some time later the leader of the clique got ignored by the others.
Sucks to be you.

I had a similar experience ten years or so ago. I worked in a kitchen with a pretty racially diverse group. A number of Hispanics, a lot of Filipinos, and me.
I got along good with a few Filipinos, but some didn’t like me sitting with them because... I wasn’t one of them.

One of them asked me to leave because “This is the table for OUR people!”
So much for building bridges and taking down walls.
No skin off my nose. I told the leader “I’ve been ignored by more important people than you”.
I ruined his day. Checkmate.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You ever wonder why people are hypocritical when you do something wrong? Let's say you were part of the problem of a situation and then people that were also part of the problem single you out and say things like "You're a liar. I don't even know you. I want you to live with that. You don't even care." Then proceed to mock you like "Now you got extra burdens (laughing)", throw labels at you and such.
It’s because people just refuse to admit when they effed up on something. Unfortunately, that’s the human mentality for you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I get that it's cheaper, quicker, and easier, but when you look at Flash animation on TV long enough, it becomes more and more obvious when you notice things within a frame are clearly just copied and pasted, whether it's parts of the background, multiple props, or even certain parts of characters' anatomy (hands and such).

Then again, I've also noticed this with 3D and CGI as well; I've sat through a number of GTA V ASMR videos on YouTube, and noticed how windows in buildings, trees and bushes in the background, or even lines painted on roads are all just copied and pasted.

mariolover

Reaction score
UPDATE: I took the above post down because it was very rude. The Red Bull’s and lack of sleep have really been messing with me. I am definitely considering seeing a therapist.

So I’m behaving unusual. My mom gave me some tough love and held me accountable so I am going to try my best to not make overly stupid decisions moving forward. But I can’t make any guarantees.

I‘ve been feeling a little manic lately.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Seriously, you should avoid just drinking that stuff altogether. It will catch up to your health quickly.

mariolover

Reaction score
Seriously, you should avoid just drinking that stuff altogether. It will catch up to your health quickly.
Deal. I made a negotiation with my teacher that I would never drink Red Bull again. Obviously I have to prove it, but it will happen.

I proved that I wouldn’t say too much controversial stuff, so I can easily prove this.

It doesn’t matter if anyone believes in me at this point. I don’t give a crap. I 100% believe in myself and I have a cup to prove it! I am slowly working on turning my life around so I can have the most successful life possible.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it that almost every book that's ever been published has one or two blank pages at the very beginning and the very end of the book? Do publishers always anticipate that maybe the reader will just happen to bump into the author somewhere and ask them to sign it or something?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Maybe it’s to make it look neat, who knows. I have been lucky enough to get a few Sesame books signed, and those end pages came in handy.