Why is the Richard Scarry's Best Videos Ever series out of print?

salemfan

Reaction score
In the late 80s and early 90s there was a video series called "Richard Scarry's Best Videos Ever" which consisted of:
Richard Scarry's Best ABC Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Counting Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Learning Songs Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Silly Stories and Songs Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Busy People Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Sing-Along Mother Goose Video Ever
If you do not know this series, look up any titles listed above on YouTube.
I found out in 2006 that the video series was out of print, and it has never been released on iTunes. Why is it out of print?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
In the late 80s and early 90s there was a video series called "Richard Scarry's Best Videos Ever" which consisted of:
Richard Scarry's Best ABC Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Counting Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Learning Songs Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Silly Stories and Songs Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Busy People Video Ever
Richard Scarry's Best Sing-Along Mother Goose Video Ever
If you do not know this series, look up any titles listed above on YouTube.
I found out in 2006 that the video series was out of print, and it has never been released on iTunes. Why is it out of print?
Because nobody cares about the franchise

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Why does nobody care about this series like they do about The Busy World of Richard Scarry, which aired on Nick Jr.?
No they don’t. Nobody cares about either show

Bro there’s a reason you only have 16 f*cking likes 😂

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I was too old to watch the videos, but as a child in the early 70’s, I had a ton of Richard Scarry BOOKS.

I’m very familiar with Huckle, Lowly Worm, Babykins . Officer Murphy, The Three Beggars, and all the rest.

The books were published since the late 50s. Some might be out of print, but can be easily found on eBay. They’re worth tracking down.

Most of my books are in storage, but I still have original hardcover copies of
The Best Word Book Ever
The Funniest Storybook Ever
Cars and Trucks and Things That Go

all treasures.

datman24

Reaction score
Are you okay, man? Is there something your mind that you keep having to make these threads on why certain obscure children’s media have had no DVD releases?

salemfan

Reaction score
Are you okay, man? Is there something your mind that you keep having to make these threads on why certain obscure children’s media have had no DVD releases?
I am definitely okay. In answer to the first question, I am on the autistic spectrum. And the reason I want to know why this obscure children's media has not been reissued is because enough people on YouTube remember them.

datman24

Reaction score
I am definitely okay. In answer to the first question, I am on the autistic spectrum. And the reason I want to know why this obscure children's media has not been reissued is because enough people on YouTube remember them.
Well, that is a tough reality that you are going to have to live with. If there is not enough of a demand to get a certain program to be reissued, then it likely will not have one anytime soon. Even if these shows aren't released at all, it's not the end of the world. Sure, you may be bummed, but I am sure there are other things in life that are more important than getting some show from your childhood on DVD.

salemfan

Reaction score
Well, that is a tough reality that you are going to have to live with. If there is not enough of a demand to get a certain program to be reissued, then it likely will not have one anytime soon. Even if these shows aren't released at all, it's not the end of the world. Sure, you may be bummed, but I am sure there are other things in life that are more important than getting some show from your childhood on DVD.
It's okay if stuff we remember is not released at all.