Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5031 - Rudy Blows His First Bubble

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5031 - Rudy Blows His First Bubble
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 13, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday March 8, 2021

Rudy feels frustrated that he can't blow a bubble. With help from Elmo, Alan, and Rosita, Rudy realizes that he needs to breathe out instead of breathing in when blowing a bubble.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Mesquite, Nevada), a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Dog Groomers") and Elmo's World ("Bubbles").

If you saw "Rudy Blows His First Bubble" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Whatever. At least Oscar and Cookie were amusing. And hey, some Dingers! I can't quite put my finger on the changes they made to the baby puppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HBO needs work that the episodes continue to start two minutes late, and not even be in HD.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I don't understand why the bubbles had to be CG for everything. I can understand Oscar popping them and Cookie eating his bubble wand, but seeing the puppets blow real bubbles is more impressive. The new Amazing Adventure was cute.

Mr Muppet Man

Reaction score
Am guessing we won't see Nina for a while, with Suki's baby due any day now.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't understand why the bubbles had to be CG for everything. I can understand Oscar popping them and Cookie eating his bubble wand, but seeing the puppets blow real bubbles is more impressive.
Hah! That honestly sounds like something I would say!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Am guessing we won't see Nina for a while, with Suki's baby due any day now.
She wasn't heavily pregnant until the filming of season 51, and by the looks of it she was still able to be around for most of it.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That was a cute episode. I thought the songs were pretty catchy, though I still wish they didn't have to be so short. Everyone's stunned reaction when Cookie ate his bubble wand was probably the first time the show has given me a genuine laugh all season. Oscar being so enthusiastic about popping the bubbles was weirdly wholesome.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Rudy Blows His First Bubble " premieres on PBS this Monday March 8. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.