April Fools: Dinosaurs CGI Reboot Coming to Disney+

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today brand-new official Dinosaurs pages on both Facebook and Twitter were launched, and the first posts on those pages announced a CGI reboot coming to Disney + in the near future.

As said in the post,
Fans of the Baby, Earl, and the rest of the Sinclair family shall unite when our new reboot of the 1990s hit series Dinosaurs returns, now in a CGI reboot! Walt Disney Television, Jim Henson Television, and Michael Jacobs Productions are all working together again, with some help from Pixar and the Henson Digital Performance System, to bring the pre-historic cast back to live in computer animation. Many of the surviving original cast members will return to voice the characters, including Stuart Pantkin as Earl and Jason Willinger as Robbie. The series will include parodies of Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and The Big Bang Theory, as well as important messages on the dangers of texting and driving, the importance of being an organ donor, and not skipping school, all with the same fun as the original show. This reboot will also constantly lampshade and make fun of the fact that it's a reboot! Coming as soon as our first season is finished.
APRIL FOOLS!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Today brand-new official Dinosaurs pages on both Facebook and Twitter were launched, and the first posts on those pages announced a CGI reboot coming to Disney + in the near future.

As said in the post,

APRIL FOOLS!
Oh, shoot. You took my idea. I was going to do something similar. Oh, well. Here's what I would have written:

NEW DINOSAURS SERIES COMING TO NETFLIX
Coming Summer 2020, the Sinclair family will be back.
Now it has been stated that the Sinclair family died in the series finale "Changing Nature," so the first season will be episodes meant to take place before the events of that episode. (Not unlike the seven episodes made for syndication). Should the series be renewed for a second season, it will me meant to take place after the events of "Changing Nature." We didn't really see the Sinclair family die in that episode, so it should be established that the family did survive the climate change, so the season 2 premiere can be said to be a conclusion of that episode.
The surviving cast members will reprise their roles on this series, notable exceptions being Ryan Dillon replacing Kevin Clash as Baby Sinclair as he's done for Elmo most recently. Estelle Harris will replace the late Florance Stanley as Ethyl and Blake Clark (notable for playing Chet Hunter on Boy Meets World and Slinky Dog in the Toy Story series) will replace Sherman Hemsley as Richfield. Stay tuned more details coming up.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I had debated over whether to say Kevin Clash would return as Baby or if Ryan Dillion would do the voice, or if another voice actor would do it.

And I had debated this morning over whether it should be CGI or the same live-action form as the original series (which was one of the most expensive shows to produce).

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I had debated over whether to say Kevin Clash would return as Baby or if Ryan Dillion would do the voice, or if another voice actor would do it.
You know I was thinking the same thing, since I heard Kevin is still with Henson, just no longer Elmo (and I know Ryan probably wouldn't inherit all of Kevin's characters but since Baby and Elmo sound alike, I thought that would be the most appropriate). I don't know if he's done any puppeteering of late. Though I'd like to see him return as Clifford some time. (Of course he'd need to wear the shades if Kevin were to perform him.)

Still I got myself in trouble a few years back with an April Fool's joke that Kevin would be returning to SS, so maybe it's best to avoid that subject altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern: So maybe it's best to avoid that subject.