What are your stories?

cjd874

Reaction score
I wanted to revise my info for those of you who have known me since I joined (and to newer members that have come along).
Name: Doug
Profession: Band teacher for 4th & 5th grade (elementary school)
What brought me here: I've browsed this forum as a guest since middle & high school, and then in 2012 I joined the forum to chat with other Muppet fans.
Favorite Muppets: Here's the breakdown - fave TMS characters are the Electric Mayhem, Statler and Waldorf, and the Swedish Chef. Honorable mention to Uncle Deadly. Fave SS characters are Big Bird, Oscar, Cookie, Grover, Telly, and Little Chrissy (yeah that's a curveball, but I think Chris Cerf's singing voice is spectacular) .
Favorite Songs: "Rainbow Connection," "Can You Picture That?" and "Happiness Hotel"...all movie songs! "When the River Meets the Sea" is also perhaps the most beautiful song in the entire Henson canon.
Favorite Episode: Probably the Elton John appearance on the Muppet Show. Sir Elton John is one of my favorite singers of all time. Close second to Harry Belafonte.

More Tidbits: I am a fan of classic rock and pop music (the Beatles, Stones, Queen, Zeppelin, Billy Joel, Prince, etc.).
As a band teacher I play several instruments including drums, percussion, piano, trumpet, saxophone, electric bass, clarinet, flute, and trombone (from best to worst). I also am a cartoonist and have posted some of my work on this forum in the past. No surprise, it's all Muppet-themed.
My favorite YouTube channels are Good Mythical Morning, Try Guys, Smosh, First We Feast, Tasty, Dude Perfect, and the Late Late Show with James Corden. Yeah, I watch way too much YouTube in my spare time...

mariolover

Reaction score
Name: Connor Good (I know most people here don't say last names but I choose to)
What brought me here: I honestly don't remember how I discovered it. Probably just being a huge Muppet/Sesame Street fan

Favorite Muppets: Kermit The Frog/Elmo

Favorite Muppet Song: Rainbow Connection

I have High Functioning Autism, but despite doctors saying I would have to be in long term care, I beat the odds. I used to barely talk and not be able to point. I also used to be echolalic, meaning I would repeat phrases people said to me. When people said "Hi Connor!" I would say "Hi Connor!" right back. I don't do that anymore, but I used to. Now I go to College, drive a car, and I climbed Mt. St. Helens all the way to the summit to raise money for college. The mountain is a metaphor for the challenges I've had to face in life. I also ran Cross Country and Track in High School and Middle School.

All of my friends at my University accept me, even though I have autism and most of them don't have any psychological disorders or disabilities. I was bullied in high school like I said before, but fortunately no one bullies me in College.

We did therapies like supplements, ABA, Sensory Learning by riding on a table with a light and listening to music, Gluten Free/Dairy Free diet, and more.

I am not Dairy Free or Gluten Free anymore, but I used to be. I don't need to be anymore because my body tolerates it more.

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
I know I said I wasn't going to mention the name of my University, but if I go on The Ellen DeGeneres Show I will probably say it anyways. I go to Calvin University in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

I don't see a high risk in naming it.

Calvin is the best University ever!!!!! It is a small college so it's super easy to navigate!

It has been around since 1876. So it's really old.

Last edited:

mariolover

Reaction score
I know I said I wasn't going to mention the name of my University, but if I go on The Ellen DeGeneres Show I will probably say it anyways. I go to Calvin University in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Calvin is the best University ever!!!!! It is a small college so it's super easy to navigate!
90% of Calvin's students are Christian because it's a Christian university. But I've met some Muslims, Agnostics, and Hindus there. I know there are atheists there because I've heard people talk about it, but I've never met any personally.

60% of students are liberal which means the majority are liberal. Kind of surprising for a Christian school. I guess I'm a 40% minority because I am Conservative

Blue Frackle

Reaction score

It has been around since 1876. So it's really old.
Well we now know your name, what you look like and what university you attend... anything else you would like to tell us? Is there anything left to tell us?

Also, start using the edit button; it's getting out of hand with the double posts and self-quoting.