Video: Happy 2020 with Kermit

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Perhaps it's only because they're still using a Kermit puppet that was originally built for Steve's hands.

In time, I'm sure they'll eventually build a new Kermit puppet tailor made to Matt's slightly smaller hands.

gravy

Reaction score
Maybe they're purposely leaving it like that to mimic the mid-70s look?

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
In time, I'm sure they'll eventually build a new Kermit puppet tailor made to Matt's slightly smaller hands.
you'd think they would have already done that though considering Matt has performed Kermit for... what? going on 3 years now?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Technically two now.

But really again, it’s because Matt hasn’t had much time to improve on puppeteering Kermit to begin with. None the less, still loving his voice!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Matt's a little better as Kermit this time, but the shape of his head is all wrong; why are his eyes sinking into his head like that?
*Gasp* It's Constantine!

But really again, it’s because Matt hasn’t had much time to improve on puppeteering Kermit to begin with. None the less, still loving his voice!
Yeah. I agree. Seems like Matt just uses Kermit in videos and commercials and things like that not anything big. Like, I said before I felt Matt's Kermit was kind of off in that FB portal commercial with Statler as the Itsy Bitsy spider but much better in other things. So it seems like he's still experimenting with the voice and puppeteering. We all just need to give him some time.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Is it the same puppet Steve performed with? Maybe it's just me, but ever since Matt took over, it looks like they've changed the puppet a little bit. I can't say specifically, it's just a feeling I get. And even the colour seems a tiny bit different. But then again, it could be my mind playing tricks on me since I know it's a different performer, and Steve has some very distinctive movements with his puppeteering. Especially with Kermit.