Remembering Caroll Spinney (December 26, 1933-December 8, 2019)

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're now playing Caroll's beautiful music all day today on Muppet Central Radio as we reminisce and honor him together.

RowlfFan12

Reaction score
I was worried as his health was failing when this day would come, and yet today I'm still super sad over it.
I've said this before, but I'll say it again. When I was a kid, I didn't watch anything of Sesame Street. Well, that's not totally true I guess, cause I did watch Elmo's World, but that's not relevant right now. I don't know what it was, but I just wasn't interested in a big yellow bird, whether it was fear or otherwise I have no clue. But, somehow, I came across Big Bird's alphabet song (when he made it into a long word), and I started to love the character. I never became an avid watcher of the show like most, but I did become a fan of Caroll's. And then I watched "I Am Big Bird", and I loved him even more. Thank you, Caroll, for giving us your talents and abilities to entertain and educate us all. We will never forget your passion for the characters, or the dedication you had for 50 years. R.I.P good sir, and we love you.
My heart also goes out to his wife, Deb. She's been so faithful in taking care of him as his health declined, and she loved him so much. So much love and thoughts and prayers to her, as well.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I knew the time would come pretty soon and I'm pretty sure you all did too, but it has finally happened. Carroll Spinney has died. The man behind Big Bird and Oscar for 50 years who has touched so many generations. I am like completely devastated. The only good thing I have to say is that it was a huge blessing that he made it to the big 50th Anniversary. RIP Carroll, you'll be sorely missed.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Mr. Spinney will always be the voice of Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch on Sesame Street :wisdom: :grouchy: and I appreciate the role that show played in my childhood.
May God bless and comfort his family in this sad time.:cry::sympathy::sigh: