The Leslie Mostly Show with Guy Smiley

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
To answer your other questions, I don't recall the exact year, but I would guess around 1981 or so. Besides Leslie Mostly and Guy, the other muppets are mostly "anything muppets" as best as I recall, although I think the two-headed monster appeared as a member of Guy's studio audience.
It was 1980. First appearing late in Season 11.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope they include a few of these sketches on the upcoming dvd
IF it has any, it'll probably only be one. Some say they are boring, that is a matter of opinion and I don't find any of them boring (is it the "they've been rare for so many years before I finally saw one in English" talking?). Looking at the description, the one with Guy Smiley sounds like the most exciting of them (but I could be wrong).

Heheh, when I saw this thread bumped today, I assumed that either this one finally had an image on the wiki, Sesame Workshop officially uploaded one, or that the 50th anniversary sets contents had been announced and one was actually confirmed (I'd hate for most threads to get bumped just because a segment isn't included).

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
It makes a whole lot of sense that The Leslie Mostly Show segments were never seen again after Season 12. I saw an image of her on Muppet Wiki, she doesn't look that great. Of all the Leslie Mostly segments, the one I hated the most was the interview with The Amazing Mumford - where a magic spell transforms Leslie into a rabbit. The Guy Smiley one seems like the most interesting of all of the Leslie Mostly segments, and it's too bad it's the only Leslie Mostly segment that doesn't exist on YouTube at this time.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It makes a whole lot of sense that The Leslie Mostly Show segments were never seen again after Season 12. I saw an image of her on Muppet Wiki, she doesn't look that great. Of all the Leslie Mostly segments, the one I hated the most was the interview with The Amazing Mumford - where a magic spell transforms Leslie into a rabbit. The Guy Smiley one seems like the most interesting of all of the Leslie Mostly segments, and it's too bad it's the only Leslie Mostly segment that doesn't exist on YouTube at this time.
At least we know it exists

Dantecat

Reaction score
Welp, now you see it. Also, @TotallySpiesFan and @sesameguy are correct about the Two-Headed Monster, Elmo and the AM monsters' presence in this skit. :wink:

Wow! Where exactly did you get these pictures of this skit? Is there a way that someone can post it on YouTube? Such a great find.:super::excited: Thank you for posting them!

kathy26

Reaction score
The Pumpkin AM Girl isn't she the one who said Wait A Minute Wait A Minute

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The sketch description at Muppet Wiki mentions Herry being there, which isn't clear. But from those photos, it looks like there's some blue fur between Harvey and Maurice, with some kids in front, I guess those kids are blocking Herry from those stills.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
The sketch description at Muppet Wiki mentions Herry being there, which isn't clear. But from those photos, it looks like there's some blue fur between Harvey and Maurice, with some kids in front, I guess those kids are blocking Herry from those stills.
Maybe if some day the video for it turns up, you'd find out. :wink:
Again, I find it odd how some of the audience members Guy keeps as pets consist of regular AMs (who are used to create human characters) and not just the monsters... I mean, why. Apparently it doesn't make sense for Guy to keep an audience as pets at his home because these audience members have a life of their own to live at their own homes, and as I just mentioned it's obviously way out of character to keep humans as pets.
Speaking of keeping AM human characters as pets, would Guy actually be considered a kidnapper...? XD

Last edited: