Your Thoughts: Toy Story 4 *Contains Spoilers*

MWoO

Reaction score
Tom Hanks has hinted that #5 is a possibility.

Also, there's this:
That article was nothing but click bait. There was zero substance.

From a story perspective, Woody's story seems done. TS3 was the end of the Andy era of his life. He and the gang started a new with Bonnie, but Woody kind of lost his role as leader over the years. So, he basically retired. I cant imagine a story where it makes sense for him to come back.

All the previous movies left open the door for a sequel. Even TS3, which seemed like a fitting end. But TS3 was also the start of a new life with Bonnie. TS4 has Woody as a free toy. He is separated from the other characters.

A TS5 would either leave out the gang that stayed with Bonnie and focus on Woody and the lost toys, or focus on Bonnie's toys without Woody, which makes little sense since it was always Woodys story. After TS3 a sequel was unnecessary, but now it seems unlikely.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Because it's Disney/Pixar, I say that there'll eventually be a TS5. Though thankfully the plans for the whole Planes/Trains/Boats spin-off movies fell through.

Kind of sensing the vibe that Woody has been given his happy ending at the end of TS4. Maybe that means TS5 can be made sooner without Tom Hanks, or maybe it means it can be made sooner because they only have to focus on Woody and give Buzz and the others their own spin-off movie.

It kind of feels like when Kermit stepped back to allow Clifford to be the host/star of MT. Meh, we'll see what happens in the future.

MWoO

Reaction score
I can see a new series of TS movies. But not a TS5. Like, maybe Toy Story is the main title but instead of a numbered series they use sub titles and start an anthology series. It worked great for star wars.... oh wait....

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So I am genuinely curious about something: I've read that since Don Rickles died before he could record any dialogue for Mr. Potato Head, that Pixar basically combed through all of his archival material and had enough to basically doctor the entire performance for the character in this movie.

From what I gather, most of the rest of the TS gang are basically reduced to very minor characters, so I take it that what we see and hear of Mr. Potato Head is actually very, very little. But even so, was the recycling of his dialogue very obvious?

Any Del

Reaction score
I saw it today and it was enjoyable!

I almost teared up at some parts of the movie such as Gabby getting rejected by Harmony, Forky asking who's Andy and the ending where Woody says goodbye to the group.

However, one thing kinda bothered me during the film such as Bonnie not noticing Woody. In my opinion Woody would have been better off living with Andy in college. That's just me.

But man oh MAN Bo Peep is glamorous like

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
This is the first film I've cried at. Like full on cried.

I had tears in my eyes as Toy Story 3, Infinity War and Endgame ect but never have fully cried.

Oh my god that ending, I was begging Pixar not to go there but they did and wow. I think it tops Toy Story 3's ending

I feel like they gave the original characters a back seat in this film as they really didn't do much. Obviously potato head's role was limited but he only spoke like three times. Rex and Jessie were the only ones with a fairly large role.

But it gave a chance for characters like buttercup and dolly a chance at a larger roll as well as new characters like Duke Caboom, Forky and Ducky and Bunny. All of which were hilarious.
I really like where Buzz went in the film. They decided not to use the buzz believes he's a real space ranger but instead he believes the buttons that make him talk is his self conscience and that was funny and a good way to keep Buzz heavily involved in the plot

Im so glad Bo Peep wasn't a villian. And it was the first Toy Story without one so to speak as Gabby Gabby was more of an antagonist, who found her happy ending eventually

I've never seen a film so visually stunning. It really was beautiful to look at.

They better leave it there. Andy's story is done and now so is Woody and Buzz's story. I think Pixar knows that and hopefully Mr Creativity Bob Iger doesn't ask for me

Rating: 10/10

Last edited:

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I just saw the movie with my little brother. It was absolutely fantastic! I was never a fan of them doing a 4th movie after how well the 3rd one ended, but the movie was a perfect conclusion. The new characters are great. I can definitely see them doing a spin-off with the new characters.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Speaking of a potential spinoff with the "newer" characters if that's the direction they go in...

There's the commercial for the TS4 tiein McDonald's Happy Meal promotion with Woody giving a commencement-type speech. Bo asks who he's talking to and Buzz replies that they're the new recruits. And that makes me instantly quip in my own headcannon thoughts, "Small Fry: The Next Class!" and I hum the signature Police Academy tune.
:laugh: :fanatic: :zany: