Your Thoughts: Toy Story 4 *Contains Spoilers*

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that it's premiere day, here's an official thread for discussing and debating, cheering and jeering, Toy Story 4. After you see the Disney film, please post your review and analysis here.

Please Note: If you haven't seen the movie yet and do not want to be spoiled, please do not read any further.

If you've seen Toy Story 4 please like this post and share your thoughts below.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Can't wait. I should be going tomorrow and judging by early reviews, I shouldn't be disappointed

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I saw it yesterday and I really enjoyed it!

- The animation is just gorgeous, and looks so realistic! Pixar's animation has improved so much over the years.
- It was great to see Bo Peep again, and I love that she's strong and independent now.
- The new characters Forky, Ducky and Bunny, and Duke Kaboom really steal the show and are all quite hilarious. Forky trying to jump into the trash can over and over again cracked me up!
-
"Tinny" the tin toy (from Pixar's classic short Tin Toy) made a surprise cameo appearance that I was delighted to see!
- I didn't bawl my eyes out like I thought I would, but the
"To infinity..." "...and beyond." thing at the end almost got me.
- There is a great mid-credits scene where
Ducky and Bunny imagine themselves as kaiju monsters with laser eyes. It was totally unexpected and I loved it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ducky? As in a duck toy? Someone must've raided Sid's misfit freak toys then. And it shooting laser beams out of its eyes? Sounds like someone's been watching old epic episodes of Regular Show.

Sounds like the fourth installment is a good funny film, though the trailer confused me. Might go see it, maybe not, I'm more geared towards a few films coming later this year. :excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm hoping to see this when I go on vacation in August.

Not sure if your theaters work the same way they do here, but it won't last that long.
Toy Story 4 premiered on June 21 2019, a Friday.
It's possible that it would only last for four full weeks, July 19 2019, and then get pulled after the last airing on the following Wednesday, July 24 2019 to make way for the new week of premieres on Thursday July 25 2019.
Or it could last the remainder of June plus the whole month of July, getting pulled on July 31 2019, a Wednesday for the new premieres on Thursday August 1 2019.

That's how I missed out on Bohemian Rhapsody last year and Dumbo this year. I'm not missing out on It Chapter 2 nor the other two movies I want to see in October this year though. :scary:

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
The way movies run nowadays, you'd be lucky if it's even still in theaters by then.
Not sure if your theaters work the same way they do here, but it won't last that long.
Toy Story 4 premiered on June 21 2019, a Friday.
It's possible that it would only last for four full weeks, July 19 2019, and then get pulled after the last airing on the following Wednesday, July 24 2019 to make way for the new week of premieres on Thursday July 25 2019.
Or it could last the remainder of June plus the whole month of July, getting pulled on July 31 2019, a Wednesday for the new premieres on Thursday August 1 2019.

That's how I missed out on Bohemian Rhapsody last year and Dumbo this year. I'm not missing out on It Chapter 2 nor the other two movies I want to see in October this year though. :scary:
There's a drive-in that I go to, so there may or may not be a possibility that it will be playing there.

MWoO

Reaction score
Since the thread says spoilers I wont use the tag, but just know there are spoilers for the ending in this post.

I admit I did not see the movie yet, but I did see the ending. It seems like it goes against the spirit of the previous movies. Woody has always lived by the belief that a toy is happiest when being played with. A toys job is to be there for their kid as long as they are needed. He gave up life with Andy to be there for Bonnie. He gave up life in a museum to be there for Andy. Seems odd he would give up Bonnie to live a full regular life with Bo Peep and never be played with again. Within the scope of the movie's universe, he basically evolved from toy to full on life form with the ability of self determination.

Maybe the context of the movie helps, but it just seemed like an odd way to end this particular characters story arc. Buuttt.... I suppose it works in that Woody is a toy that gave up everything in the last 3 movies to make others happy, and now this is like his reward. And it makes a lot more sense for him to leave Bonnie than if it were still Andy. Bonnie and Woody didn't share nearly the same bond as Andy and Woody. To Bonnie these are just her toys, but Andy treated Woody differently, even up until he was off to college.

Eh... I guess I need to see it in full context. One thing is for sure, this changes the franchise forever. Woody is the main character. It has always been his story. I doubt there will be a part 5 any time soon.