Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, that makes sense, considering the context I've been hearing it used in, such as Cinematic Venom or Mr. Enter talking about people harassing them (Mr. Enter even has an obsessed cyberstalker right now) . . . but then I notice a lot of politically-charged memes using it in a context that seems to suggest that to "dox" somebody is to disagree with and argue with them over their views and opinions. That's why it was confusing.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
To "put someone on blast" just means to point out their shortcomings or things they have done wrong I believe.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
No, doxing means to put personal information such as home address and phone number out to the public with the sole purpose of causing harm to someone, mostly giving people an avenue to harass them.

Putting someone on blast, i believe means the same thing as flaming. Pointing out everything wrong they've done to make them look bad, while just constantly attacking them over everything.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well then, I guess I can say that, way back when, I was doxed before doxing was even a thing, because that's what some of the cyber bullies were doing to me back during that whole fiasco I had with another fandom and forum associated with it.

On the other hand, it's ironic, because since then, most people know my real name and know what city and state I live in, as I'm a YouTuber.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What is everybody getting so butthurt over American schools not teaching Arabic numerals for? I mean when I was in school, they never taught us about Roman numerals - I honestly had no idea what any of those Ms or Vs or Xs meant whenever older shows and movies used them for their copyright stamps.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What is everybody getting so butthurt over American schools not teaching Arabic numerals for? I mean when I was in school, they never taught us about Roman numerals - I honestly had no idea what any of those Ms or Vs or Xs meant whenever older shows and movies used them for their copyright stamps.
Welcome to MMXIX

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
That's a new one. Society has been using Arabic numbers for centuries.
The alphabet is derived from the ancient Phoenicians .
But if you need a crash course on Roman numerals, step into the halls of Fuzzy University:
I=1
V=5
X=10
L=50
C=100
D=500
M=1000
The longest year in recent memory was 1988, MCMLXXXVIII
Make a note of that, it might be on the final.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I mean when I was in school, they never taught us about Roman numerals - I honestly had no idea what any of those Ms or Vs or Xs meant whenever older shows and movies used them for their copyright stamps.
Did you have to learn them from the Rocky movies?

"Rocky II plus Rocky V equals Rocky VII: Adrien's Revenge!"

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Is that first part a typo because Arabic numerals are your standard numbers. I would be extremely concerned if schools weren't teaching it