New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I've been saying that for ages. I don't know why it wasn't done after those YT ones went over so well. Something like "Popcorn" or "Stand By Me" would've played great in a theatrical setting.
Seriously why hasn't Disney done this ?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When it says there'll be "a cooking show, a game show, and a talk show", will they all appear within the ten minute episodes, or will they be like a rotating schedule of format? Which could be neat, but with it being referred to as a variety format, that all seems limiting in terms of "variety".

It would be cool if this could be a Muppet anthology series, with each installment having a different setting. Like a ten-minute Pigs in Space sketch for one episode, an Electric Mayhem concert or road trip story for another (or maybe a Behind the Music-style documentary on the band?), something concerning Robin and the Frog Scouts for another, a Gonzo-centric episode for another, and so on.

I wish it would have more in the way of sketches. Cooking, talk show, and variety all feel more like "non-fiction-ish" programming. I'd like to see them do stuff like a western sketch or a detective sketch or maybe some movie parodies. Might be hard to do those entirely unscripted, but I don't really care if they're written or unscripted.

Of course I believe Frank Oz has said that he'd like for the performers to have a bit of control, this would be a way for the performers to maintain the purity of the characters.

MWoO

Reaction score
Considering it hasn't been confirmed to even exist, I'm guessing it's gonna be a little while.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Considering it hasn't been confirmed to even exist, I'm guessing it's gonna be a little while.
the Title Of This thread is,
"New Muppet series in development for Disney's 2019 streaming service"​

if you go to the first page of this thread there is a Trade paper article about it I believe Deadline, Varity, or Hollywood Reporter they are rarely wrong. Just for Instance It hasn't been officially announced that the show The Orville has been renewed for a third season but its in the trade papers and its basically a fact. It hasn't been canceled and we are already in June!

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I think this is a similar situation like the new Scooby-Doo series in development - scheduled for release on an app in 2019, but now the launch was deferred due to something beyond their control. Same situation might be happening with The Muppets.

It seems as if a launch of a TV show frequently gets deferred until a later date.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
I think this is a similar situation like the new Scooby-Doo series in development - scheduled for release on an app in 2019, but now the launch was deferred due to something beyond their control. Same situation might be happening with The Muppets.

It seems as if a launch of a TV show frequently gets deferred until a later date.
I am sure there will be future Muppets projects announced soon! I would rather a theatrical movie to be honest so if that's why a show isn't being announced because a theatrical movie is in the works that would make me super happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.