"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's not really logistical to have every cast member back. Mike was only around for a couple of seasons; he wouldn't have been at the top of anyone's list, no doubt. From what we've seen, I think they got all the important people (except for maybe Gabi and I dunno Buffy, I guess?).

Schfifty

Reaction score
Eh, at the very least, they could stop by to just visit the set or attend a little cast party. Nothing wrong with greeting and talking to old cast members.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It's not really logistical to have every cast member back. Mike was only around for a couple of seasons; he wouldn't have been at the top of anyone's list, no doubt. From what we've seen, I think they got all the important people (except for maybe Gabi and I dunno Buffy, I guess?).
Didn’t Buffy reach out to Sesame Workshop to release the Hawaii episodes on DVD at one point? I think she would have a good relationship with them.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Mike wasn't as well-known, so I can't imagine him coming back, even if it is for a special occasion...besides, from what I've seen of him, I don't think there was anything unique about him character wise...and his voice really annoys him...and as far as the running gag of him always being hungry and having snacks with him goes...not one bit amusing- that's what a certain googly-eyed, shaggy blue furred monster has always been around for! :insatiable: (So, as you can guess, I won't be surprised if he doesn't show up)

Savion was definitely more well-known, and had a better character, so if he decides to appear, cool.

But getting back on subject of humans that will be (or are planning to) participate in this special, I'm sure it will be an outstanding turnout. If I had to choose who I'd like to see on there...if there was a way to bring people back from the dead, Mr. Hooper, David, Olivia, and Mr. Handford would be my picks...but at least they'll be there in spirit. All in all, any humans that will be able to show up will put a smile on my face! :smile:

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I was not aware that Mike being hungry all the time was even a running gag, I only saw that in the episode where Telly gets a haircut and I just figured he would get hungry while waiting for Telly as he screws around for no reason

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Mike being hungry all the time was playing on the stigma/stereotype that teenagers have insatiable appetites and are always hungry. Heck, certain snack food products play up this angle in their marketing and advertisments, like pizza rolls and such.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Okay, I know it would be cool if they brought back Mike and Savion and the gang but Linda is back only because she was on for a long time and was a very memorable character. Savion was quite memorable but not as memorable as Linda. Mike was not much, he was really just another informal character added for no reason so I don't think they would bring him back

Status
Not open for further replies.