Unidentified Elmo doll

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Hey guys. So I have this Elmo doll that my mom gave me when I was little. I have had it for a long time but can never figure out what company made it. It looks like it's either from Tyco or applause but I can tell. If any of you know what company made the doll, please tell me

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It looks really similar to the Elmo doll I have. Unfortunately, the print on the tag has been completely washed away, so I can't make a solid identification, but I am 98% certain that it's Knickerbocker.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
It looks really similar to the Elmo doll I have. Unfortunately, the print on the tag has been completely washed away, so I can't make a solid identification, but I am 98% certain that it's Knickerbocker.
The tag on mine was blank to, It looks old so It may be from Knickerbocker, My mom got it in 1996 or 1997 though and the Knickerbocker Elmo was from the mid 80's (shortly after he was introduced on the show)

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I found a photo of the Knickerbocker Elmo on Muppet Wiki and it looks the same except the head looks a little smaller

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Hey do you think you could post a picture of your Elmo on this thread so I can see?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that picture is mine; I don't remember adding it to Muppet Wiki, but I must have at some point in the past.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I think that picture is mine; I don't remember adding it to Muppet Wiki, but I must have at some point in the past.
I compared the two photos and pushed down the mouth on mine to see how closely it resembled the Elmo in that photo and you were right, it is a Knickerbocker Elmo. That's really cool because after I bought a Knickerbocker Oscar in 2016 I looked at the other plushies on Muppet Wiki and I always though "It would be great if I owned the Elmo and/or Telly" and it turns out, that Elmo was the beginning of my collection