Disney+ docuseries to show a behind the scenes of the Muppet movie for the 40th anniversary

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
A Disney+ docuseries called Cinema Relics: Iconic Art of the movies will show an exclusive look behind the scenes at some of Disney's most famous movies that include: Mary Poppins, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Tron, Pirates of the Caribbean Curse of the black pearl and of course THE MUPPET MOVIE.

I'm excited for this as we have never really seen much footage of the muppet movie so this will be an interesting watch

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hopefully season two would include some of the other movies (or could there be more first season episodes planned than what movies have been confirmed?).

DMHFan

Reaction score
Perhaps Disney+ is really gonna shape up to be a place where the Muppets can truly flourish and become popular and profitable again as well as having more of the creative freedoms they need without movie or network executives to bow down to.
I agree with you. Not to mention all of the Muppets' old school material being available.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
“All the Muppets old school material”?

Honestly, don’t get your hopes up.

gravy

Reaction score
Depends what you label ''Old School.''

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I think everything from 1974 onwards Disney has the rights to with a few exceptions.
So that includes
●The Muppets Valentines Show
● Sex and Violence
● The Muppet Show
●The Muppets Go to the movies
●The Fantastic Miss Piggy show
● Muppetelevison
●Muppets Tonight
● The Muppets 2015
● All 7 movies
●Bear in the big Blue house

And I'm not sure if they own Muppet Family Christmas or Tales of the bunny picnic

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think everything from 1974 onwards Disney has the rights to with a few exceptions.
So that includes
●The Muppets Valentines Show
● Sex and Violence
● The Muppet Show
●The Muppets Go to the movies
●The Fantastic Miss Piggy show
● Muppetelevison
●Muppets Tonight
● The Muppets 2015
● All 7 movies
●Bear in the big Blue house

And I'm not sure if they own Muppet Family Christmas or Tales of the bunny picnic
They do own the rights to A Muppet Family Christmas and Tale of the Bunny Picnic.

They also own some pre-1974 stuff as well, such as Hey Cinderella, The Frog Prince and The Muppet Musicians Of Bremen.

They do not own the rights to The Muppets Take Manhattan, Muppets From Space, Kermit’s Swamp Years and It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, with the first three being owned by Sony and the last one being owned by NBC/Universal.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I Saw a list of what's coming on at launch, and nothing Muppet related.