The "I Saw Something REALLY Weird Today" Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
And to think, once upon a time, we were trying to teach kids to avoid using the internet because of all the sexual predators out there that had the intentions of luring kids into unspeakable situations:

Love the Sesame MadTV parodies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
While at CiCi's Pizza this afternoon, TTG was on TV, and Raven looked frighteningly happy: all wide-eyed and everything, it was like she was hopped up on sugar, caffeine, and ecstacy.

Schfifty

Reaction score
They're all from babies. Their parents give them their phones so they can watch SS videos, and they end up posting those gibberish comments by just pressing random keys.

It annoys me, too, but blame it on the parents who give phones to children who are waaaay too young to use them.
Yes, because forget books and toys. Let's get the iPad or my phone out to let the 2-year-old be entertained!

Although I do absolutely agree...I cannot stand those comments.

It’s pretty sad how we’re at that point where technology has consumed our lives that internet safety with kids isn’t even an issue anymore.
Totally right, yeah. Even old school rapper Melle Mel warned everyone in "Beat Street Breakdown" back in 1984...

Learn from the past, and work for the future, and
don't be a slave to no computer.

Which is ironic now, yes, but it doesn't entirely have to be that way for everyone. Technology is made for life to be easier for us, but if you don't abuse it or inflict it upon your young children, then I guess it's for the better, development-wise.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
everyone complains about parents giving young children who can't use them properly cell phones, but have things really changed?

There is absolutely no difference between irresponsible parents sitting a kid in front of a tv as a babysitter and parents giving their children phones/tablets as babysitters. the device itself might have changed but the principle is still the same.

Now no, i dont think parents should be giving their devices to kids, since phones can easily break and parents need to actually parent their kid instead of letting technology babysit them. but you cant suddenly say that modern technology is the cause of it, when its been happening for much much longer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Be that as it may, modern technology is playing a much bigger factor in it - for both kids and adults - than it was, say, ten or even twenty years ago. As I've said many times before, my generation had cable, video games, and home internet was becoming more commonplace, but even so, we prefered playing outside any chance we got; everything else was usually our go-to rainy day activities . . . and even then, we probably played with actual toys, or made believe more than that. Not only that, but when people went out on dates, they communicated with each other face-to-face; when people went to a movie or a concert, they actually watched and paid attention; when people went for a walk, they observed the world around them.

Almost all of that has been taken over by phones and tablets nowadays: kids are glued to their phones no matter what they do; when people go out on dates, they spend the date on their phones; when people go to a movie or a concert, they're on their phones the whole time; when people go for a walk, they're on their phones.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was talking more babies, since the idea of parents giving cell phones to babies came up

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What the frog?!

They even stole my frog-based interjections and adjectives that I coined! :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For the first time ever in all the years I've had a Facebook account, I login this morning and to discover I don't have one single unread notification. Not a single one. That is a first.