Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Shame they didn’t use another Spaceship Surprice clip that I would have loved to see in high quality, but yeah, great mashup!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah, nice to see some lesser-known stuff thrown in there (Baa Baa Walters).

I didn't realize how dull that Miami Mice bit would be; they really try to go for the satire of them liking fashion, but it really falls flat.

And Family Food is one of my least favorite older SS sketches; way too long and almost totally devoid of funny.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And Family Food is one of my least favorite older SS sketches; way too long and almost totally devoid of funny.
To be fair, Richard Dawson was never the most humorous game show personality - even on the original MATCH GAME, he was always one of the only panelists who wasn't funny.

Now, if they did Family Food years and years later when Richard Karn was host, or maybe even now with Steve Harvey as host, it may have been funnier and more enjoyable.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After learning so many first appearances via Muppet Wiki's "trusted sources", I wondered if the years would be that valuable, but there are a few where I didn't know the date. That Miami Mice was listed with 1986 (I know the one with Kermit was taped during the 1985-1986 season, not sure if they were going by season year or air date, but I assume that means the one with the Count is from season 18), and this is the first time I saw a year/season applied to Squeal of Fortune, also 1986. And these are both segments that Sesame Workshop previously hasn't uploaded online!

For years I felt like I've seen another Miami Mice besides the ones with Kermit and Ernie but didn't remember it having The Count or any familiar characters, but when I watched this one, I've found the part where The Count goes through the closet to actually look very familiar to me. Sudden instant recall effect!

I'd like for an upcoming collection to focus on all the characters, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they did that, though I feel (even if it's an hour long like this) that it should be one of those that just shows a few seconds of each character instead of full clips (or maybe full clips for the really major ones and 30-or-so seconds of certain others).

Shame they didn’t use another Spaceship Surprice clip that I would have loved to see in high quality, but yeah, great mashup!
I would have liked to have seen the rare Starship Surprise from around season 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.