American Archive of Public Broadcasting to preserve nearly 4,500 Sesame Street episodes

gravy

Reaction score
I emailed them, here’s the response I get:

“This preservation project is in its early stages and at this time, we are beginning with the most recent materials and will be ingesting backward. These materials will be available within the next two months, and then progressively over the next year.”

Perhaps they’re re-digitizing them for the sake of preservation? Also, regarding 847/ The Wicked Witch Episode, they don’t know if that’s gonna be in the collection for sure and it’d be best to follow up in a couple of days... So, there, that’s that.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
K, pretty much confirms what I already said.

And this was only announced a few days ago. The full logistics of the catalog would not be finalized at this point, so enough with the "will such and such episode be added?"

ssetta

Reaction score
I just tried speaking to someone at WGBH. Yes, that’s right. Tried to. I had trouble getting to the right person, and when I did, all I got was a voicemail. So I guess this means that making an appointment will not be that easy.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just tried speaking to someone at WGBH. Yes, that’s right. Tried to. I had trouble getting to the right person, and when I did, all I got was a voicemail. So I guess this means that making an appointment will not be that easy.
Um, they only announced this a few weeks ago. They're obviously not ready yet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Um, they only announced this a few weeks ago. They're obviously not ready yet.
It does make me wonder if he would have had the same problem if he called for an appointment to see something that the archives already has.