The new What Made You Smile Today thread

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
For the past couple of days, we've been celebrating my special 20th birthday my doing various activities. We ordered Chinese food, went to the local arcade, and I got a special 20th anniversary Family Guy DVD as a gift. But as cool as those things may be, none of them meant near as much as to me as this one particular gift from my parents.

You see, I really hate to talk about this but I suffer from low self esteem issues. So you could imagine how happy I was when I opened a hand written card from my parents discussing in great detail how much they love me and how proud of me they are.

Reading that beautifully written card literally made my day. I actually had tears of joy in my eyes afterwards. Being someone with low self esteem, that card was inspiring to me.

That was the best gift anyone could have ever given me. That old saying about "The best presents are the ones that you make yourself," couldn't be more true. They could always have just simply bought me something but the fact that they went out of their way to write me that card means more to me than any store bought present ever could.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Some rare Charlie Brown TV specials have just been found on Archive.org!

This was the same place where I happened to find those Winnie The Pooh holiday specials a few months back.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I managed to get a job interview for JC Penny’s on Tuesday next week.

Wish me luck.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
J.C. Penney's? Didn't they go bankrupt and shut down? Or I suppose that was just here. :confused:

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
The cast of Bob's Burgers made a cameo on Family Guy tonight. The whole family was there:Bob, Linda, Gene, Tina, and Louise. It was great to see such a cool unexpected crossover get thrown in last minute.

Yeah, some of the jokes were a bit harsh at the expense of the show and it's fanbase but hey:It's Family Guy, I wouldn't expect anything they do to be tasteful at this point. If they do a joke that ISN'T edgy in one way or another, now that would disappoint me lol.

Additionally, I also really enjoyed that short Space Cats cutaway they put in there tonight too. Not because I thought it was really funny per say like the Bob's Burgers one, I just thought it was a very creative idea. I mainly was intrigued by how they animated those alien cat creatures. Whoever designed them certainly did one heck of a job.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I finally left the Google Photos album that was full of spam after all this time.