Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Thankfully, Marty has trained an understudy to take over his characters. I believe it’s Tyler Bunch.
Tbh, after studying more of Peter Linz's repertoire, I would really like to see him take over Telly, as opposed to Tyler.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
At this point, I'd kind of be surprised if they continue with Telly after if and when Marty decides to retire, simply because his role on the show has diminished so much in recent years - heck, even Joey remarked about his disappointment that Telly hadn't really been catching on with kids before he left the show.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, I could see Telly just being quietly phased out and no one acts like he was ever around. :shifty:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
At this point, I'd kind of be surprised if they continue with Telly after if and when Marty decides to retire, simply because his role on the show has diminished so much in recent years - heck, even Joey remarked about his disappointment that Telly hadn't really been catching on with kids before he left the show.
But he's still on it relatively frequently. If they bothered to recast Prairie Dawn, The Two- Headed Monster, and even Mr. Johnson, i'm sure they'll do the same with him.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Marty is now the last of the long-time principles. After Spinney retired, I'm hoping Marty sticks around a tad longer. But he has been around a long time.

Telly has been a street story staple for so many years. He is definitely underappreciated though. I think that if Marty hadn't taken on the character, he probably wouldn't have lasted as long as he had. He brought (along with the writing) more depth and dimension to his character even beyond being a "victim" to Oscar. I loved how he was the main focus of the New Year's Eve special. What a brilliant and beautiful storyline for him. He is definitely one of the more endearing and loveable characters on the street. Maybe he appeals more to an older audience. Doesn't he kind of represent more of the 5-6 year old crowd?

BEAR 2

Reaction score
But he's still on it relatively frequently. If they bothered to recast Prairie Dawn, The Two- Headed Monster, and even Mr. Johnson, i'm sure they'll do the same with him.
I think had it not been for Stephanie D'Abruzzo, we may not be getting much Prairie now. She was such a logical choice. Also, I'm happy that Prairie is still being used sometimes too. She represents girly girls and yet she is still strong. Boy, is she strong willed. Have you seen the way she deals with Cookie Monster? LOL

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Prairie aside, 2-Headed Monster still seems to be used as a background character more than anything, but Mr. Johnson's ever-increasing presence on the show still seems a tad unusual to me, TBH.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I’m glad to see Super Grover there, it’s been along time since we’ve seen him.

Status
Not open for further replies.