Boy, is this forum dead today or what?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I can understand not allowing image signatures because it's redundant and not allowing users to delete or even edit posts after a certain amount of time, but deleting entire threads out of laziness is all kinds of ridiculous.

I may get dogpiled for this, but imo there is nothing wrong with the forum or management; the problem is there's nothing going on in the Muppet world. This is one of the most connected forums I'm a member of, regardless of mod presence. The 'like' feature is underrated, it always feels like there's someone there listening and it's tight-knit. They also tolerate a lot of stuff like double/shitposting that would not be tolerated on other forums; Ed and Phil are actually pretty chill... well half chill and half nonexistent (which is fine -- you don't have to be active).

Phil has been in the game for what? 20 years? It's his site, and I imagine he's shelling out of his pocket just for us to tell him he's a robot (lol).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One newer feature MC has that I will say I think has been abused, to an extent, is changing usernames.

Way back when, the only way you could change your username was to either put in a request to Phil and see if he would granted it, or abandon your current account and register a new one with a different username (and hope it doesn't get deleted for being a sock puppet account).

Either way, it was incredibly difficult to change usernames, because Phil wanted to avoid confusion among the community, since we all get used to each other's usernames . . . but once he implemented the ability to change our usernames (albeit, with a limit of three times), and people began changing their usernames right and left (and some already doing so more than once), that very confusion began happening.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Ummm... in the welcoming new users thread ConsummateVs and I pointed out that we've been getting an influx of new users right after this thread was made and our comments about that have been removed. :confused: Add that to the Muppet Central Mysteries thread before this post gets removed. :search:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
To be fair, Phil has to approve new memberships before new users can actually start posting on the forum (since we've had issues with bots and spam accounts in the past), but he seems to only do that every so often, hence why there can be random occasions of a sudden influx of new members, because they had been waiting for their accounts to be activated.

@Froggy Fool is an example of this.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
people who have the patience to wait that long are saints

then again i had to wait like 2 weeks back when i joined because at th time i had aol and we all know how aol likes to block innocent emails from coming through

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes. Back when I ran my old Kathy Greenwood fansite, when I saw a new member registered to the forum used an AOL email, I would actually create a new temporary password for them, then contact them directly with their temp password, just so they can log into their account.

MWoO

Reaction score
To be fair, Phil has to approve new memberships before new users can actually start posting on the forum (since we've had issues with bots and spam accounts in the past), but he seems to only do that every so often, hence why there can be random occasions of a sudden influx of new members, because they had been waiting for their accounts to be activated.

@Froggy Fool is an example of this.
I mean that is great and all, but I would think one would want to activate accounts ASAP, especially on a site that has had decreased activity