Words words words

jobi71

Reaction score
The Muppets are as good as the corny lines that they say. A few posts recently state that certain iterations or performances were below par. I think what is lacking is the strong spine of a writer to bring these characters to life. Who do you think (sky is the limit) might be the next best head writer of the Muppets. I'll tip my hand I would like to see Michael Chabon in the mix.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see Jim Henson writing for The Muppets again.

jobi71

Reaction score
Personally, I'd like to see Jim Henson writing for The Muppets again.
Well, I agree with your idea and would like Jerry Juhl to be in the mix as well, but since they have both passed....is there someone you would be excited/interested in being involved?

MWoO

Reaction score
Anyone who can give them the snarky yet good natured wit they once had. The Muppets 2015 had some good snark, but was often mean snark. We need more if that only without mean spiritedness. But we cant go full goody goody either.

For example. In TM15 the original opening ended with Kermit by himself saying its time to get things started in a very sad way. This was seen as a problem so they changed it to him saying it with that weird "smile" face Steve would do and in a very cheerful way with Piggy. Neither one of these is ideal. Kermit by himself speaking with conviction would be better.

The Muppets arent mean, but they arent really nice (at least not when they are being funny). They need a writer who can find that middle ground.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Is Joey even active in writing for the Muppets anymore?

Cause I'd definitely love him to write for future projects.

jobi71

Reaction score
Ummm. Unless your choice was to have Stephen A.Smith write things the Muppets can yell (a choice for sure) maybe your link is awry?

jobi71

Reaction score
Jim Lewis.
I think Jim Lewis, Kirk Thatcher and Joey Mazzarino will get several votes here. I am curious to see if there is someone outside of the usual suspects. Especially if it is a person who gets a few votes from different posters.