The Muppet Central Mysteries

MWoO

Reaction score
That's where we draw the line.

If somebody actually has something to add to an old thread, yeah, we don't mind that, but it's the bumping of extremely old threads to not even add anything worthwhile to the conversation that we don't care for, and that there was a point in time where that was happening around here a lot.
Id rather see a thread get bumped than a section die off. These boards arent dead, but they arent terribly active either. Its more or less the same people posting in the same threads, often not Muppet related. Bumping an old thread is ok by me. But yes, spam of any kind is annoying.

Heck, i bumped a 4 year old thread with an update on a 4 year old custom figure (that no one seems to want), but the section was so dead it was still on the first page.

MWoO

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. Did you ever manage to sell it?
Unfortunately no. I made it specifically to be produced multiple times specifically due to people saying they wanted one. Even 4 years later people here, on Tough Pigs, and on "The Muppet Collection Page" said they liked it, wanted one, and said it was reasonably priced. Normally a high detail resin cast fully figure that is also fully painted would be $50 or more. I'm asking for less than half that just for material costs, not even including the hours it takes to make each one. Still no takers. It's rather disheartening, but also completely understandable. Regardless of personal reasons, it took me 4 years to finish it. I can't really expect people to still be interested.

I am still glad I dug it up from the grave and finished it. I have a final version proudly displayed with my Palisades mini Muppets and I really enjoy him. I'm especially happy that I re-sculpted his face.

Still, I get easily discouraged and a lack of interest is keeping me from starting another project I sketched up a few weeks ago.

Borrowing again from a Palisades idea, I thought it would be neat to make an ornament sized Santa Chef, complete with a bag full of singing food, a reindeer chicken or two, and a bag of flour spilled on the ground acting as snow. I have the cabbage, scallions, and eggplant in there for personal reasons as those were the characters I sculpted for Palisades. It always brings me joy when I see a new picture pop up of someone's collection that includes those 3.

Sorry for the slight thread derailment.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On TA: Don't quote me on this, (not literally), but I also recall an incident shortly after he disappeared, where either Kevin or Ed mentioned that they had actually made contact with him, and he specifically asked people not to mention him again.
I remember we were asked not to mention him by his real name, as again, that allegedly was the reason behind his disappearance - he was sharing too much of his personal information on the internet (name, age, where he lived, etc.), which his parents were not happy about, since he was still a kid at the time, and this was back when the internet was a place where you never share any of that information, because predators will find you and try to harm you.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
On bumping: I know it tends to be a somewhat controversial subject, both here and on the internet in general. I remember discussions on that back in the day, and someone, I'm sure it was Kevin this time, saying that while it was frowned on on other forums, the staff here would rather see posts bumped than several threads created on the same subject. My own thoughts, if it's just spam then it's unappreciated, but if you've actually got something to say on the topic, do it. And honestly, I don't think many people would consider a few days a bump.
Id rather see a thread get bumped than a section die off. These boards arent dead, but they arent terribly active either. Its more or less the same people posting in the same threads, often not Muppet related. Bumping an old thread is ok by me. But yes, spam of any kind is annoying.

Heck, i bumped a 4 year old thread with an update on a 4 year old custom figure (that no one seems to want), but the section was so dead it was still on the first page.
I think it’s far better to bump a thread than create a new one, as that just clusters up the boards and god knows MC has too many threads as it is. That said, it’s hilarious how many times someone will bump up an old thread and say nothing of note and / or not realize that the original posters have long since left. That’s not offensive, but pointless and a good laugh.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Borrowing again from a Palisades idea, I thought it would be neat to make an ornament sized Santa Chef, complete with a bag full of singing food, a reindeer chicken or two, and a bag of flour spilled on the ground acting as snow. I have the cabbage, scallions, and eggplant in there for personal reasons as those were the characters I sculpted for Palisades. It always brings me joy when I see a new picture pop up of someone's collection that includes those 3.
Wow; is that the extent of the work you did for them?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
By the way, Snowth, good choice on the music. Listening to it even put me on edge, and that doesn't happen easily.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
By the way whatever happened to Kevin a.k.a. FozzieBear?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He's still around, he's just more active outside MC. He's on Facebook regularly; his and his roommate's dog has been going through cancer treatments as of late.