It's Official: Caroll Spinney retires from Sesame Street after nearly 50 years

Any Del

Reaction score
I'm just sitting in my bedroom in quiet while I'm just reminiscing the legendary Caroll Spinney.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Sesame's Instagram has videos of Caroll's retirement party, including a performance of Sing with Loretta Long and Alison Bartlett! But what's really surreal is Fran Brill is there alongside her characters played by her current performers!

MWoO

Reaction score
The pictures I saw are both heart warming and heart breaking. It's wonderful to see that so many people truly love this man, but it's so sad to see that he's in a wheel chair now. He had a fantastic life and I hope he has many years to come, but it's a reminder that sooner or later age will take it's toll on all of us (if we are lucky).

Edit: Also, it's so jarring to see the human cast members aged. I still remember them all as the young residents of Sesame Street. Getting older scares to heck out of me. I'm glad all of these wonderful people have a legacy they will be leaving behind.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Sesame's Instagram has videos of Caroll's retirement party, including a performance of Sing with Loretta Long and Alison Bartlett! But what's really surreal is Fran Brill is there alongside her characters played by her current performers!

Nice to see Susan, Gina, and Fran!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Here are some beautiful pictures from Caroll's final performance on Thursday courtesy of Sesame Workshop.

Again, I reiterate my previous question. When will we see/hear this final performance? Sorry I don't mean to be a pest by repeating myself, but the suspense is killing me.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score

I spotted The Amazing Mumford there.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Again, I reiterate my previous question. When will we see/hear this final performance? Sorry I don't mean to be a pest by repeating myself, but the suspense is killing me.
Season 50. So that'll be fall 2019/spring 2020 or summer 2020 for those watching on PBS.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

I'm not even kidding this time - I am in tears right now.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Season 50. So that'll be fall 2019/spring 2020 or summer 2020 for those watching on PBS.
Okay. That's what I was thinking. It will be well worth the wait. You'll have to all keep me updated as we get closer to the time.

That must be neat that even people who have left the show were able to make it. I'll have to check that out when I get a chance.

cjd874

Reaction score
Seriously...if anything on this forum deserves a "LOVE" react, it's this video of Caroll's retirement party.

Since Caroll Spinney has given so much love to the world over the years, he has truly earned the outpouring of love that he's getting now. I'm sure that other SS legends who have left us (Jerry Nelson, Richard Hunt, Jon Stone, Northern Calloway, Will Lee, and Jim Henson himself) would be proud of Caroll and everything that he's achieved. Again, bravo Caroll and thanks for making our days sunny and sweet.