Your Thoughts: The Muppets Take The O2, July 13-14th 2018

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I think most Brits are familiar with SNL (in fact we used to have our own version, Friday Night Live in the 80s), but I don't think people are that familiar with the SNL cast. If they'd introduced him as "From Saturday Night Live..." it might have added a bit more oomph.

That's being slightly economical with the definition of "sold out" The upper tiers of the arena were closed and hidden behind a big black curtain, which significantly reduced the capacity. Anyone that bought upper tier tickets were upgraded to the lower tiers. Therefore, most of the arena appeared to be full.

Having said that, it's a huge arena (about the same as Madison Square Gardens and Staples Center) so even at the reduced capacity it would have been about 12,000 seats sold.

If they'd gone with Wembley Arena they'd have sold out each show.
Yes, I should've said cast member on Saturday Night Live instead.

jobi71

Reaction score
I have watched clips from the Hollywood Bowl and the O2. Here are a few thoughts:

This show should come to as many cities and towns as possible. For me, in addition to The Muppet Movie, it is the best example of why we love the Muppets.

I can only judge by the videos but I feel the recasts are all going well.

Speaking of recasts I know David Rudman's Scooter has been praised, but he is also doing great work with Janice.

I am delighted Yolanda is sticking around.

Is Uncle Deadly too difficult to fit in a live show if Matt is doing Kermit? He is always welcome.

Seeing Charles Dance do a slightly off conga line with extras who seemed to have escaped from Mama Mia and Pepe is one of the best things currently on the internet.

Kylie Minogue looks younger with every performance. (This may be a Benjamin Button situation).

I wish Louise Gold was able to participate. Perhaps she was already booked elsewhere.

The parade of obscure characters should be expanded at every show.

Is there any chance the artwork (I will call it stained glass - I know it was not) would ever be available as a print? Or a shirt? I would pay cash money for it. It was gorgeous.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is Uncle Deadly too difficult to fit in a live show if Matt is doing Kermit? He is always welcome.
He's still there; he's in the opening theme, has a couple of pre-taped bits with Piggy and delivers the intro for her big musical number.

jobi71

Reaction score
I missed his intro. I know he is still part of the company, but the clips I saw he was mostly chorus.

Luke

Reaction score
Anyone know what happened to Steps? Apparently they were one missing in the Saturday matinee and weren't in the evening show at all so no musical guest.

i guess it was no"Tragedy" :embarrassed::halo::big_grin:

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
I never got a chance to see the O2 show myself. But I wonder...how does a multi-city tour in the style of the Hollywood Bowl and O2 shows sound? In my home city of Seattle, they'd look right at home at the Paramount Theatre...just like in TMS!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I never got a chance to see the O2 show myself. But I wonder...how does a multi-city tour in the style of the Hollywood Bowl and O2 shows sound? In my home city of Seattle, they'd look right at home at the Paramount Theatre...just like in TMS!
I would think it would doable, but I don't know if that is what they are planning. It would be great and I know people around the US and beyond myself included would go.