Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4828 - Oscar the Kind

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
We know from interviews that David is from Chicago, and in one of the DillonGale live chats, Caren imitates Frankie and says he used to live in Chicago.
Ok, but I just don't see that as a reason the writers would pair their characters together.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Finally got to watch this episode today, and I think it might be my favorite episode of the season. I dunno, something about it just felt very Sesame Street to me. I thought Chris' first reaction to Oscar being kind was really funny;He was just like, "Well, ok then, this is weird but what isn't around here?". It was really nice having Baby Bear back, I think this is the only time they used him this season. It's kind of a shame, I don't think the writers have really known what to do with him in recent years, but still great that he had a major role. Also, I still find it very interesting that Mrs. Crustworthy keeps finding her way into street stories these days. Which, I don't mind, it's just somewhat surprising. Overall, this season is much better with utilizing a wide variety of characters than it did in the last two seasons. As some have stated, it's great to see Grundgetta again. I do think the ending to the story was rather abrupt, when she came to take Oscar back to his can. It seems like it should've been a tiny bit longer just to show that Oscar gets better. While they did state that he wouldn't stay that way, I do think without actually seeing him change back to the grouch we know and love, it might confuse some viewers.

Overall I give this street story an 8/10.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Oscar the Kind" premieres on PBS this Monday October 1. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.