What made you roll your eyes today thread?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I saw a video of a little boy who's definitely not even in his double digits yet, along with an older sister probably in her pre teens with their grandma, and to be honest, it made me very disgusted.

Both kids are swearing like sailors first off. That already tells me they have very ****** parents. Second, the little boy is giving off gang signs with his hands. The grandma seems to not care about their bad language yet she shows discipline when the boy does the gang signs (to which it ends with a fight).

This also tells me that 1) the girl is probably going to end up going in the wrong direction and likely end up as something degrading like a stripper or a prostitute and I can already see her becoming a single mom. 2) the boy will probably become a real punk, causing crimes, maybe even joining a gang based on the signs he's showing off.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I saw a video of a little boy who's definitely not even in his double digits yet, along with an older sister probably in her pre teens with their grandma, and to be honest, it made me very disgusted.

Both kids are swearing like sailors first off. That already tells me they have very ****** parents. Second, the little boy is giving off gang signs with his hands. The grandma seems to not care about their bad language yet she shows discipline when the boy does the gang signs (to which it ends with a fight).

This also tells me that 1) the girl is probably going to end up going in the wrong direction and likely end up as something degrading like a stripper or a prostitute and I can already see her becoming a single mom. 2) the boy will probably become a real punk, causing crimes, maybe even joining a gang based on the signs he's showing off.
Those seem like pretty far reaching conclusions.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, kids make bad decisions later in life if they continually show disrespectful attitudes. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It happened again this morning: I turn on my computer, and evidently some Windows Update wiped the entire thing clean like a factory reset . . . even though I didn't install any updates, so it must have done it automatically. So not only did I have to use System Restore to get everything back to normal again, but this time, I've turned off all of my Windows Updates settings entirely - if this is going to happen everytime Microsoft/Windows tries to update anything on my computer, then it's not even worth it.

And apparently it's not just me, this is apparently happening to a lot of other people out there . . . and apparently has been since 2010. Some people were unfortunate enough to not have any restore points on their computers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't get it at Best Buy, I got it at a local computing empire. But, I've been meaning to go over there and see if it's possible for them to get me a memory upgrade and/or if they can upgrade my diskspace, so I may mention this to them.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I wouldn't trust geek squad. they're not gonna do anything you couldn't do yourself.

microsoft has a troubleshooter that blocks updates, but im not sure if its a windows 10 only thing. it's saved my butt on multiple occasions, since you cant turn updates off on windows 10. Even turning it off in the processes doesnt work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, after a little bit of research, I've figured out what the problem is. . . .

This particular update is a "patch update" that's supposed to work as a "compatibility update," meaning it's Microsoft's way of trying to put PCs still running Windows 7 or 8 into something of a transitional mode to prepare them for 10.

https://www.computerworld.com/artic...6978-2977759-and-windows-journal-3170735.html

It's ironic how I've read so many blogs and articles that are like, "I upgraded my version of Windows, and was so relieved that nothing went missing during the update. I left some programs and windows open just to see, and they were just as I left them." Yeah, again, this particular update is almost like a factory resetting, because almost everything is wiped out. Both times this has happened, all of my personal files, folders, and such were completely gone; but the first time it happened, at least my wallpaper hadn't been changed, though I had no internet access (not even IE), and some of my Adobe programs were still installed; this time, I still had all of my installed browsers (IE, Opera, and Chrome), but even the wallpaper was reset, and all of my installed programs were gone.

Granted, I'm actually able to back things up now, so it's not like it would be a total loss: things like Audacity, Spybot, and VLC Player are free, so I could easily re-install them; likewise, I have Adobe's Creative Cloud service, so it would be just as easy to re-install those programs, and basically re-import files and folders I've backed up . . . but why would I want to basically redo everything on my computer as it was before? Right down to recreating my saved themes/resolution/layout/etc. all over again? Again, I'm lucky enough all I've had to do it do a System Restore and boom, everything's back to normal. But this is exactly why on my old computer (which ran XP), I wouldn't update, because I couldn't back anything up - certainly not the programs I was using since at the time, I didn't have Creative Cloud, and all of the now-Adobe programs I had installed were done so from a loaner installation CD back when many of those programs were owned by Macromedia.

But yeah, I'm just keeping Windows Update turned off at this point.