The Worst CGI Kid Films In Recent Memory

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because the live action Grinch was considered a trainwreck and a disaster, so they're probably wanting to make up for ti . . . I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up getting a CGI Cat in the Hat movie to make up for that live action version that people hate even more the the live action Grinch.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I liked the live action Grinch movie. I thought Jim Carrey made an excellent Grinch. The Cat in the Hat movie, on the other hand...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know the live action Grinch is something of a cult movie, but critics and Dr. Seuss' estate hated it. After the live action Cat in the Hat, Dr. Seuss' estate prohibited his books and specials from being adapted into live action remakes ever again.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I dunno...I see nothing wrong with how he looks. he still looks like the grinch. if anything I have to complain about is his voice doesnt fit the character. its not gruff enough.

I mean he wasn't exactly menacing looking in the cartoon either

if anything he looks even MORE accurate to the book version

mr3urious

Reaction score
I don't see what the big problem is. The Grinch more or less looks the same, and we haven't heard enough of Benedict Cumberbatch's voice to really see how gruff he gets. At least this looks a lot better than Illumination's take on The Lorax, which the fangirls totally ruined thanks to the Once-ler's appearance, not to mention the padding and the overall diminished environmental message the book and TV special delivered.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
They've really been marketing the crap out of Sherlock Gnomes. I keep getting these annoying ads for it on YT, and they will not go away.

And look at this stupid poster for it:

I just... wow. I'd say this is just as bad as this. Not only is the gnome's face rather scary (he looks so dead and soulless), but the "pun" dosen't make any sense at all. "Gnomepool"? "Kicking grass"? Boy, whoever writes these puns should start doing stand-up. I've seen better ones on Laffy Taffy wrappers. :rolleyes:

(Sorry to go on a rant there. I just had to express my annoyance with this movie.)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So apparently there's going to be a HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA 3. Why?