So Frank Oz has a Twitter now...

gravy

Reaction score
Update: Well, he's doing a Reddit AMA on January 4, and he's growing back his beard.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Still can't comprehend how a troll playground like Reddit somehow ended up becoming a legit social media platform.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
He liked one of my tweets the other day, I'm ECSTATIC
Hey, he liked my Tweet too. On Christmas of all days!

It took less than a day for Frank to become the most adorable person on that platform. For someone who is extremely private, nearly every tweet is considerate, generous and he seems happy to share the knowledge. I just hope he doesn't end up feeling overwhelmed by the attention and cuts himself off again.

gravy

Reaction score
For someone who is extremely private, nearly every tweet is considerate, generous and he seems happy to share the knowledge. I just hope he doesn't end up feeling overwhelmed by the attention and cuts himself off again.
Before he got a twitter, I knew he was really private. But now that he's promoting a new movie of his own, he's gotta find new ways to gain some audiences. He probably didn't know all these people would be excited, though.

But seriously, he's so innocent! He calls twitter account ''Twitter Sites''.

MelissaY1

Reaction score
Hey, he liked my Tweet too. On Christmas of all days!

It took less than a day for Frank to become the most adorable person on that platform. For someone who is extremely private, nearly every tweet is considerate, generous and he seems happy to share the knowledge. I just hope he doesn't end up feeling overwhelmed by the attention and cuts himself off again.
Agreed. Social media can be a blessing and a curse depending on how it's used. So far it seems like everyone has been very respectful to Frank as far as the fans, and I think that's why he's having a good time with it. I hope it stays that way. He laughed at another obscure reference I mentioned to him this morning, and has liked and responded to a few of my Tweets now. For like you said a man who was so private for many years, I never thought I'd be saying in my 40s now I've met him several times at this point and interact with him online!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The Muppet Fans Talking podcast guys started a discussion about Frank possibly being a writer or director of a future Muppet project now that he's on Twitter, and I wanna know what you guys think of it.
Jarrod Fairclough: I think we might see more of Frank. I think he's starting to realize that being back in the public eye, the Muppets and everything like that might be the way he sees out however long he has left in this world or at least until he retires. I don't think he'll perform again, I don't think he'll be Piggy, Fozzie or Animal. He may go back to Sesame Street 2 days a season like he used to, but I would love to see him as a director, or at least in a creative role with the Muppets. I think he is what they need to get back to how they were in say the '80s which was huge.
Steve Swanson: I agree with you there, but having said that, I think I understand what Frank's vision might be for the Muppets, and do you really think that Disney would wanna go that direction as opposed to the marketing, hyper kid-focused, hyper focused-grouped content that they produce now?
Jarrod: I think the ABC show a couple years ago shows that they're not opposed to un-childlike Muppets, even if it didn't go the way they hoped.
Steve: I would love to see Frank do something holding the reins of the Muppets, but I don't see Disney in the entertainment landscape we live in today, I just don't see it happening. But it's a fan's dream come true.
Jarrod: I'll respectfully disagree, I think they would let him do it, I don't see why they wouldn't. Because he's not gonna go all out and get really inappropriate with it. Look at something like Muppets take Manhattan. That was something he controlled, and it wasn't overly adult.
Steve: Okay, you misunderstood what I said. I and you know Frank understands the layers of the personalities of the Muppets, and I don't think that's what gets addressed in what they're doing now. And that's what I'm saying Disney isn't really interested in exploring. Disney wants the Muppets to tell a bunch of punchlines with no jokes, ya know, no buildup.
Jarrod: See, I think they'd be happy. I think if you had the right people maybe pushing it, which I think Frank is one of the right people, they'd give it a go and see what they had to lose.

Last edited:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The Muppet Fans Talking podcast guys started a discussion about Frank possibly being a writer or director of a future Muppet project now that he's on Twitter, and I wanna know what you guys think of it.
Jarrod Fairclough: I think we might see more of Frank. I think he's starting to realize that being back in the public eye, the Muppets and everything like that might be the way he sees out however long he has left in this world or at least until he retires. I don't think he'll perform again, I don't think he'll be Piggy, Fozzie or Animal. He may go back to Sesame Street 2 days a season like he used to, but I would love to see him as a director, or at least in a creative role with the Muppets. I think he is what they need to get back to how they were in say the '80s which was huge.
Steve Swanson: I agree with you there, but having said that, I think I understand what Frank's vision might be for the Muppets, and do you really think that Disney would wanna go that direction as opposed to the marketing, hyper kid-focused, hyper focused-grouped content that they produce now?
Jarrod: I think the ABC show a couple years ago shows that they're not opposed to un-childlike Muppets, even if it didn't go the way they hoped.
Steve: I would love to see Frank do something holding the reins of the Muppets, but I don't see Disney in the entertainment landscape we live in today, I just don't see it happening. But it's a fan's dream come true.
Jarrod: I'll respectfully disagree, I think they would let him do it, I don't see why they wouldn't. Because he's not gonna go all out and get really inappropriate with it. Look at something like Muppets take Manhattan. That was something he controlled, and it wasn't overly adult.
Steve: Okay, you misunderstood what I said. I and you know Frank understands the layers of the personalities of the Muppets, and I don't think that's what gets addressed in what they're doing now. And that's what I'm saying Disney isn't really interested in exploring. Disney wants the Muppets to tell a bunch of punchlines with no jokes, ya know, no buildup.
Jarrod: See, I think they'd be happy. I think if you had the right people maybe pushing it, which I think Frank is one of the right people, they'd give it a go and see what they had to lose.
Well I would absolutely love for Frank to come back in any way shape or frome, but sadly I don't think it will happen soon.
During Frank's AMA he was asked about the script for " The Cheapest Muppet Movie". He said that him and Jim Lewis worked on the script, and sent it to Disney. He said it was a fine script something he was very proud of, but Disney just didn't want it. Instead they went with Muppets Most Wanted, and we saw how well that turned out.
If you watch read and lis ten to everything Frank has been saying since announceing Muppet Guy's Talking, and getting on Twitter he has the "formula" to help bring the Muppets back to their former glory. Disney however just wants to take them in a different direction.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
There is something to also keep in mind here. They are not longer Jim Henson's Muppets, they are Disney's Muppets. It's obvious that Disney has a completely different vision and direction then Jim and the ones he worked with (Steve Wh8tmiere and Frank Oz) have. So I just don't see Frank coming back any time soon.Matter of fact I think he has been waiting for Disney to reach out to him, but that's just not going to happen.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
Sadly Frank and all the original Muppet performers days are numbered. But I would like to see him more involved with the characters (whether that's Writing for them or directing them).
But my theory is that Frank Oz could sense sh*t was going to go down hill (EMTV ECT)