Sesame Street Old School Outlines

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 102 features Maria, David, Luis, Big Bird, and Oscar. Plus, Roosevelt Franklin talks about up and down, Cookie and Herry sing a duet, and several classic animations like 30 Dots, Melvin the Moving Man, and Lovely Eleven Morning!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 102

Season 4: David tries to learns Spanish to impress Maria/Oscar’s imaginary friend

Sponsors: K, M, 11

Scene 1: Maria and David are spending time on the steps of 123 Sesame Street. Maria leaves to return some books at the library. She and Luis pass one another and they have a quick, friendly conversation in Spanish. David wishes to learn some Spanish to impress Maria. David asks Luis to teach him some Spanish. Luis agrees.

Cartoon/Song: “It’s a Lovely Eleven Morning” (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: People and things go down (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: An Anything Muppet girl explains that the number 11 looks the same upside-down as it does normally. The camera flips itself to prove her point!

Cartoon: Melvin the Moving Man

Scene 2: Luis uses a dictionary to teach some basic Spanish words to David, who just can’t get it right. Big Bird walks by and offers to help teach David, but his Spanish pronunciation is even worse than David’s!

Muppets: Ernie and Bert have an appliance war, and blow a fuse in the process

Film: An apple tree (jazz soundtrack)

Cartoon: The M Who Came to Dinner

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School: Up and Down

Cartoon: Marvelous Martha

Scene 3: David tries to say hello to Maria in Spanish, but the conversation falls apart quickly. David confesses that he wanted to impress Maria with some Spanish, so he had Luis teach him. Maria and Luis decide to help David, and Big Bird asks for a lesson as well.

Muppets: The Anything Muppets cheer for the letter K

Cartoon: K is for Key (speech balloon)

Film/Song: Kangaroo Blues (by Joe Raposo)

Celebrity: Bill Cosby and his twin count from 1 to 20

Muppets: Kermit asks Fuzzyface (proto-Grover) to climb into a box as part of a demonstration of the word “IN.” Fuzzyface goes under, on top of, and next to the box, frustrating Kermit. It turns out that Fuzzyface can’t go in the box because Fred the Dragon is already inside!

Scene 4: Oscar introduces David, Luis, and Maria to his imaginary friend, a dinosaur named Grimosaurus. The adults giggle and play along, until they feel the ground rumbling. As they exit hastily, Oscar realizes that the rumbling came from the garbage trucks approaching from around the corner!

Film: What do birds eat?

Muppets/Song: Cookie Monster and Herry Monster sing, “M-M-Monster Meal”

Cartoon: A boy teaches his sister about up and down by running her up and down a flight of stairs

Film: A clown (Dennis Allen) takes off his makeup. Which face do you like better?

Cartoon: A girl with a guitar is drawn, while English- and Spanish-speaking children guess what it is.

Muppets: Bert asks Ernie to put away his toys, so Ernie creates a system to sort his toys. However, Ernie’s categories apply only to his fire engine.

Scene 5: David sorts a group of objects by size, while Maria translates in Spanish. The objects are a doll, a magnet, a ping-pong ball, a vinyl record, a salad bowl, and a potted plant.

Cartoon: 30 dots (one shows up late)

Muppets/Song: Grover sings “What Do I Do When I’m Alone?”

Film: This is the desert

Cartoon: K is for Kangaroo

Muppets: Sherlock Hemlock solves the Twiddlebug Mystery (featuring Prairie Dawn and the Twiddlebugs)

Cartoon: 30 dots (one shows up early)

Scene 6: David counts to 11 in English, and Maria counts to 11 in Spanish. Then they switch roles, and David nails it!

Cartoon: A kitten is knitting a kerchief, a kite, and a polka-dot mitten

Cartoon: 30 dots (perfect take)

Muppet/Kid Moment: Grover and Polly recite the alphabet

Scene 7: Luis, David, and Big Bird play with the kids as Maria announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Mr. Hooper. CTW sign still: Bob.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Fuzzyface, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, AMs

Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin (voice only)

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Fred the Dragon, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 103 features Susan, Bob, Gordon, Big Bird, and the Season 3-only cast members. Plus, James Earl Jones visits, Mumford talks about surprises, Cookie Monster steals cupcakes from Ernie, and the Anything Muppets star in "Hunt for Happiness."

Sesame Street Old School Outline 103

Season 3: Susan plans a surprise birthday party for Gordon

Sponsors: G, R, 6

Scene 1: Susan welcomes the viewer and says that she is planning a surprise birthday party for Gordon.

Cartoon: The R Lecture (art by Fred Calvert)

Muppet/Kid Moment: Kermit and Brian talk about here and there

Scene 2: Susan goes to Hooper’s Store to buy six candles for the birthday cake. Tom counts out each candle and Susan pays with six pennies.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #6

Celebrity: James Earl Jones recites the alphabet

Scene 3: Susan asks Rafael to blow up six balloons. Rafael does so, and counts them.

Cartoon: G is for Gorilla (speech balloon)

Film: Tooth-Brushing Blues (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Ernie tries to take a picture of six cupcakes, but Cookie Monster keeps stealing them one by one. On his last attempt to take a picture, Ernie catches Cookie red-handed!

Scene 4: Susan, Molly, Tom, Rafael, Bob, and Big Bird are preparing for the party in the arbor area when they see Gordon coming. Frantically, Susan asks Bob and Big Bird to distract Gordon. Big Bird nearly gives away the surprise, but Bob covers for him by taking Gordon to the library while the others prepare for the party.

Cartoon: An elevator goes up ten floors, taking more and more creatures and people per floor. On the final floor, a mouse enters and the elevator explodes.

Muppets: Hunt for Happiness, Part 1

Film/Song: Henson #6

Muppets: Hunt for Happiness, Part 2

Cartoon: Alice Braithwaite Goodyshoes presents the letter G

Muppets: Hunt for Happiness, Part 3

Film: Indian Baby Bath (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon/Song: Country Fiddler – Six Snails (by Bud Luckey)

Celebrity: The cast of Bonanza recites the alphabet

Cartoon: A gorilla that knows G words goes to an employment agency

Muppets: Grover and Herbert Birdsfoot count to 20

Scene 5: Oscar has overheard the adults’ conversation and plans to ruin the surprise. When Bob and Gordon return, Oscar asks Gordon if he’s heard about the upcoming party. Bob foils Oscar’s plan by saying that it might be in Big Bird’s nest. Before Oscar can continue, they go into the nest area, finding it empty. They come out, and everyone else surprises Gordon with a birthday party. Oscar sinks into his can in defeat, but not before Bob puts a party hat on his head!

Cartoon: The R Lecture (repeat)

Cartoon: R is for Radio

Muppets: The Amazing Mumford explains what a surprise is (cameo by Herry Monster)

Film: The Mad Painter #6

Cartoon: R is for Rabbit (speech balloon)

Scene 6: Susan leads the cast in playing “One of These Things” with three gift-wrapped presents and the birthday cake. The cake doesn’t belong, but Gordon purports that it does: “All of these things belong here because they’re for me!”

Muppets: Ernie has string on his fingers. When Bert asks him why, Ernie explains that he has to remind himself that they’re all out of string.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #6 (repeat)

Cartoon: R is for Radio (repeat)

Cast: Ralph and Wally try to unroll a rug, but there is a chair blocking their way

Muppets: Grover presents the letter R, which rocks, rolls, runs, and rockets into the air! Grover: “That is ridiculous!”

Film: Rhythm is everywhere!

Scene 7: Everyone enjoys the party as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Bob and Susan. CTW sign still: Oscar.

CAST:

Larry Block as Tom

Raul Julia as Rafael

Loretta Long as Susan

Bob McGrath as Bob

Charlotte Rae as Molly

Matt Robinson as Gordon

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herbert Birdsfoot, the Amazing Mumford, Herry Monster, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

Erine81981

Reaction score
Keep them coming dude! I'm enjoying them so much. I've almost got the first comic book drawn from one of your outlines. Now It might be quite a while cause I want to have at least 10 made before I start coloring them and getting them more art quality lookin then just pencil line drawings. I wouldn't look good. I want to get me a digital Art Pad so I can draw them that way and be able to color them quickly then having to put map colors to paper.
Digital art is more better lookin then pencil but still I enjoy drawing on paper mostly cause I've never drawn on a pad before. Oh I was going to ask.
Do you have like a note book that you are keeping these all in? Cause I would like to know if you would be able to point out an outline you've done that has to do with Snuffy and Big Bird throughout the whole outline? Cause I would love that to me my next comic I would start on. Like I had said before I'm not going in order on your outline (as in picking the ones I want to comic book style) and just randomly picking. I had seen one that I liked but I wanted to know if there's one I haven't seen another outline of Snuffy and Big Bird. Peace out and talk to you when I can.

cjd874

Reaction score
Hi! I just went through a few pages on this thread, and outlines 43, 44, 46, 49, 56, 61, 65, 73, 85 and 99 feature scenes with Big Bird and Snuffy. There isn't one that revolves entirely around them, but hopefully I will get around to writing one.

Feel free to browse those outlines I mentioned, starting on the third page of this thread. Maybe you'll be interested in reading earlier outlines like those, and perhaps inspired to create some more comics! Good luck, and have fun drawing. Can't wait to see a few of these in the future.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Hi! I just went through a few pages on this thread, and outlines 43, 44, 46, 49, 56, 61, 65, 73, 85 and 99 feature scenes with Big Bird and Snuffy. There isn't one that revolves entirely around them, but hopefully I will get around to writing one.

Feel free to browse those outlines I mentioned, starting on the third page of this thread. Maybe you'll be interested in reading earlier outlines like those, and perhaps inspired to create some more comics! Good luck, and have fun drawing. Can't wait to see a few of these in the future.
Thank you for the help. I've choose one that I really did enjoy. The Disco Party one. Really stood out to me. The other ones like you said didn't really center around them but this one kinda did. Thanks Again. Peace out!

cjd874

Reaction score
This year marks the 42nd anniversary of Sesame Street's New Mexico trip. To honor the occasion, I've decided to write a series of six outlines about a brand-new visit to New Mexico. Over this arc, the cast visits Luis's younger sister (played by actress Carla Pinza, who is rumored to have played Maria for a handful of episodes in Season 2). Featuring Big Bird, Biff and Sully, the Count, Bert, and the entire human cast! Plus, Super Grover looks for a telephone booth, Ernie does the laundry, and Maria plays Charlie Chaplin. Enjoy!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 104

Season 10: Leaving for New Mexico (again!)

Sponsors: C, K, 2

Scene 1: Big Bird greets the viewer and notices that Luis and Maria are chatting excitedly on the telephone in Spanish. Afterwards, Luis says that his sister Sofia just had a baby, making Luis an uncle! Maria says that she and Luis will travel to the Rodriguez family’s ranch in New Mexico to help with the baby. Big Bird asks if he can come, since he’s an expert caretaker. He reminds them of the time he helped babysit Buffy’s son Cody. Maria and Luis agree to let Big Bird join them. Big Bird wants to leave for New Mexico right away, but Luis and Maria tell him that he has to start packing.

Muppets/Song: A group of Anything Muppet children sing “Just Around the Corner”

Cartoon: C is for Canary

Scene 2: The adults are flabbergasted when Big Bird pulls in an enormous trunk full of toys, gadgets, birdseed, and even twigs from his nest! They remind him to pack light, and Luis suggests that Big Bird make a shorter checklist…and bring less stuff!

Cartoon: C is for Cat (limerick poem, art by Bud Luckey)

Film/Song: Dollhouse #2

Scene 3: Big Bird returns with a new checklist and a smaller bag of possessions. After going through the list with the adults, Big Bird wants to make another checklist…of people on Sesame Street that he can invite to New Mexico!

Muppets: Super Grover – Telephone Booth

Cartoon: A loaf of bread, a container of milk, and a stick of butter…

Film/Song: “Touch, Hold, Feel” (by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Bert asks Ernie to do the laundry. Ernie prepares by putting his books, a box of cookies, a basketball, a radio, and Rubber Duckie into the laundry basket. Frustrated, Bert points out that now there’s no room for the laundry! Ernie decides to go play ball instead.

Scene 4: Big Bird reads the first names on his list: “David and Mr. Looper!” He asks Mr. Hooper and David, who are too busy running the store to travel to New Mexico. Then he asks the Count, who can’t go because “I have the tremendous responsibility of counting everything on Sesame Street!” Big Bird vows not to give up, and moves on to the next people.

Cartoon: C is for Candle

Cartoon: C is for Cowboy

Film: A Cinco de Mayo celebration

Scene 5: Next, Big Bird asks Biff and Sully if they can come to New Mexico. Biff: “No can do, ‘cause we gotta fix some pipes on 42nd and 7th, and that ain’t gonna fix itself!” Then he asks Bert, who can’t go because he’s going to the National Association of W Lovers Convention in Walla Walla, Washington.

Film: A silent film about an automobile that becomes long and short

Muppet/Kid Moment: Cookie Monster and Genelle count to 10

Scene 6: Big Bird pleads with Olivia, Susan, Gordon, and Linda to go to New Mexico, but they turn down his offer due to their busy work schedules. Big Bird loudly expresses his disappointment and sulks off.

Cartoon: Estoy llorando/I am crying (voices by Northern Calloway and Sonia Manzano)

Film: A warthog runs (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Grover’s “2” lecture (part 1; with the Anything Muppets)

Cartoon: Karen the Kangaroo

Muppets: Grover’s “2” lecture (part 2; with Kermit, the Count, and Sully)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – K is for Key

Muppets: Grover’s “2” lecture (part 3)

Film: A Stool for Me

Scene 7: An upset Big Bird explains his situation to Bob. “Maybe nobody wants to go because they don’t care about me, or like me!” Bob explains that everyone he’s asked has jobs to do: “But hat doesn’t mean we don’t love you, Big Bird.” Bob and the cast sing, “Don’t You Know You’re Beautiful” to cheer up Big Bird. At the end, several of the adults agree to join! The Count: “I’ve decided that I will go to New Mexico to count new things like horses, chickens, cows, and pieces of hay! Oh, it will be marvelous!”

Cartoon: A bear counts bees while speaking in rhyme

Cast: Maria plays Charlie Chaplin, who demonstrates long, longer, and longest suspenders as he tries to reach the door

Muppets: Ernie plays “Touch Your Face” with the viewer

Film: A leopard

Cartoon: K is for Kite

Cartoon: Pinball Count #2

Muppets: Don Music rewrites the Alphabet Song with help from Kermit and the Anything Muppets

Cartoon: 30 dots (one shows up early)

Scene 8: Luis, Maria, Susan, Bob, David, the Count, and Big Bird are all packed and ready to travel to New Mexico in Luis’s truck. Mr. Hooper, Olivia, Gordon, and Linda say their goodbyes, and the truck pulls away as Bert announces the sponsors. The Friday credits follow. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Biff, the Count, AMs

Richard Hunt as Sully, Don Music, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Here is Outline 105, just before the year ends. This one chronicles the gang's arrival in New Mexico and the introduction of Luis's sister and niece. Plus, Herry Monster sings about his mother, Grover assists with Prairie Dawn's pageant, and a rare but hysterical Muppet skit based on the song "There's a Hole in the Bucket."

Sesame Street Old School Outline 105

Season 10: New Mexico 2.0, Day 1

Sponsors: D, F, 9

Scene 1: The truck pulls up to the ranch and everyone gets out to greet the Rodriguez family, including Luis’s parents, his sister Sofia, and her daughter Manuela. Big Bird is excited to meet the baby more than anyone else!

Film: This is the desert

Cartoon: D is for Dog

Muppets: Ernie has finished taking his bath, but thinks he’s forgotten something. Bert asks him if he washed his ears, his face, his hands, and his neck. Ernie confirms this, but then he remembers that he forgot to turn off the water!

Scene 2: As the adults (Luis, Susan, Maria, David, and Bob) unpack their bags from the truck, they hear a familiar voice. They are shocked to find Oscar in a trash can right by the Rodriguez’s ranch. As it turns out, Oscar is visiting his grandfather, who lives in New Mexico as well. The adults meet Oliver the Grouch (played by Jerry Nelson), who is just as nasty and grouchy as his grandson! Bob: “Well, the apple didn’t fall far from the tree.” Maria: “You mean the crab-apple!”

Muppets/Song: Henry and Liza perform “There’s a Hole in the Bucket”

Cartoon/Film: The letter D begins many useful words…

Cartoon: Pinball Count #9

Scene 3: Sofia shows the adults around the house. The Count takes plenty of time to count every piece of furniture, too.

Cartoon: A hand draws farm animals

Film: A dirty car gets cleaned at a car wash

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “Beat the Time” with Cookie Monster as his contestant

Scene 4: The adults give baby Manuela a bath while Big Bird watches.

Cartoon: The Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine

Film: The story of two men named Big and Little

Muppets: Two Muppets named Frank and Jerry use measuring tape to see how far apart they are

Cartoon/Song: Martian Beauty #9 (by Bud Luckey)

Film: Building a log cabin

Cartoon: Francis Fairy

Muppets/Song: Herry Monster sings “That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine”

Film: A man walks through the city, completely buried in the newspaper. He narrowly avoids dangerous obstacles, but ultimately gets caught in a revolving door.

Film/Song: Henson #9

Muppets: At night, Ernie waits for the upstairs neighbor to drop both of his shoes so that he can fall asleep. Ultimately, Ernie’s excited outburst wakes up Bert.

Scene 5: The adults play peek-a-boo with Manuela.

Film: The Mad Painter #9

Muppet/Kid Moment: Cookie Monster and Jason talk about the letter D

Cartoon/Song: Daddy Dear

Film: Recycling bottles at a glass factory

Muppets/Song: Little Jerry and the Monotones (Rockin’ Richard, Chrissy, and Big Jeffy) perform “Danger”

Cartoon: Sgt. Zero leads the numbers 1 to 20 in roll call

Transition: A rectangle charges at the screen

Scene 6: Sofia feeds Manuela, while the Count counts how many spoonfuls of food the baby is fed. Oscar likes how messily the baby eats.

Cartoon: F is for Frog and Fly (art by Jeff Hale)

Cartoon: Filbert’s Flea Circus

Cast: Gordon and Maria sort shapes

Muppets: Prairie Dawn’s pageant about the four seasons (featuring Grover, Bert, Herry Monster, Ernie, and Cookie Monster)

Film/Song: “Share in Your Fun With Another Someone”

Cartoon: Guess whom I met today? (Art by Bruce Cayard)

Scene 7: Sofia sings “Duérmete, Mi Niña” to Manuela as Big Bird listens. Sofia teaches the words to Big Bird, and then they sing the song to Manuela. Ultimately, both Big Bird and the baby fall asleep! Sofia tucks the baby into her crib, puts a wool blanket over Big Bird’s lap, and turns out the lights. Bob announces the sponsors. SS sign still: the Count. CTW sign still: Ernie and Bert.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

**Special guest star: Carla Pinza as Sofia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Bert, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Oliver the Grouch, Herry Monster, Little Jerry, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn

Richard Hunt, Chris Cerf, and Jeff Moss as the Monotones

Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Henry, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 106 details the second day in New Mexico! Plus, Kermit sings about pride, Ernie and Bert travel, and the classic Salvador Dada sketch. (Why didn't they do more bits with him?)

Sesame Street Old School Outline 106

Season 10: New Mexico 2.0, Day 2

Sponsors: D, J, 4

Scene 1: Bob and the cast sing, “Good Good Morning Day” as the sun rises. Oscar and his grandfather Oliver protest the singing, as usual.

Muppets: Cookie Monster imagines a birthday cookie with help from the baker

Cartoon: The J Story - “Don’t jive a judge by jamming a June bug!”

Film: The Mad Painter #4

Scene 2: Luis shows the Count various farm animals, including chickens, pigs, sheep, and cattle. However, the Count is only interested in counting them!

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #4

Film: Triangles can be found in everyday objects

Cartoon: Small d, small b (art by Paul Fierlinger)

Muppets: Betty Lou and Charlie fight over a book, and then decide to read it together

Cartoon: Adding and subtracting ladybugs and lizards

Cartoon: Country Fiddler – Four Big Lions

Muppets: Four Grovers appear to show addition and subtraction

Scene 3: Bob, David, and Sofia notice dirty footprints in the house. They follow the trail from the bathroom into the living room, through the kitchen, out the door, across the vegetable garden, and into the pigpen! It turns out that the footprints belong to Oscar, who is taking a mud bath in the pigpen. David: “Why did you have to come into the house and track your muddy feet everywhere?” Oscar: “Well, I forgot my washcloth and a scrub brush, so I went inside and got ‘em! What kind of Grouch takes a mud bath without those things, huh?”

Muppets: At the beach, Bert asks Ernie if he remembered to bring everything. Ernie only brought an umbrella in case it rains…which it does!

Cartoon: J is for Jaguar (limerick poem)

Cartoon/Song: The J Family Jamboree

Film: Lobster fishermen at work

Cartoon: Imagining triangles

Muppets: Biff helps hang up numbers for Salvador Dada’s paintings in a gallery.

Scene 4: Oscar and Oliver are sitting in the mud, reminiscing about their visits to Swamp Mushy Muddy when Oscar was little, and they sing, “Swamp Mushy Muddy.” Afterwards, Oscar challenges Oliver to a mud-wrestling match, and they start rolling in the mud. Maria walks by just as the Grouches tumble, splattering mud all over her face and clothes.

Cartoon: He, She, and It discuss how a light bulb works

Muppets: Lord Nelson performs, “It’s Funny” with the Anything Muppets

Cartoon: A man tours a construction building filled with “D” items

Film: A wombat scratches it four legs (voiceover by Ernie and Bert)

Muppet/Kid Moment: Grover asks Heather to scratch his back

Cartoon: D – Dog (limerick poem; art by Jeff Hale)

Film: A marching band forms a triangle

Muppets: Kermit adds five monkeys together

Transition: A rectangle charges at the screen

Scene 5: Big Bird explains cooperation to the viewers. He says that Luis, Susan, and Mr. Rodriguez (Luis’s father) are feeding the pigs, Maria and Sofia are bathing baby Manuela, and Bob is helping David and Mrs. Rodgriguez (Luis’s mother) pump water from a well.

Film: A woodpecker

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s “4” trick

Cartoon: The J Train

Cartoon: The Sign Man sounds out the word “OINK,” and encounters a pig

Muppets: Ernie and Bert go to the movies, but their view is blocked by a woman’s outrageously tall hat

Cartoon: J is for Jacket, Jenny, and Jeff

Cast: Linda stars in the “Theatre without Words,” and presents the Story of the Farmer and the Seed

Cartoon: Madrigal Alphabet

Muppets: Kermit sings, “This Frog” with the Tarnish Brothers

Scene 6: As the Count keeps counting livestock, Susan announces the sponsors. SS sign still: the Anything Muppets. CTW sign still: David.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Carla Pinza as Sofia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, Betty Lou, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Biff, Charlie, Lord Nelson, AMs

Richard Hunt as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Salvador Dada, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 107 details the third day in New Mexico! Plus, Victor Borge stops by, Cookie Monster counts to 20, and Guy Smiley honors an oak tree in a classic "Here Is Your Life" sketch.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 107

Season 10: New Mexico, 2.0: Day 3

Sponsors: J, U, 5

Scene 1: David and Susan talk to the local kids about life in New Mexico. Big Bird notes that their life is much different from his life in the city! The Bird tells the kids about the traffic, tall buildings, sidewalks, and “the BEST birdseed milkshakes at Mr. Looper’s Store! Boy, you should all come and visit Sesame Street sometime!”

Cartoon: The letter U salesman

Muppets: Super Grover – Empty Boxes

Cartoon: U Train (Unite, U-turn, Underground, Up, and Universe)

Film: Gordon spends a day in an elementary school classroom

Cartoon: A man buys five pounds of bubble gum. He chews it all and flies away with the bubble in his mouth!

Scene 2: The Count talks with the kids about New Mexico. He is delighted to learn that they like counting almost as much as he does! Sofia calls the kids out to the garden, and the Count comes along to count all the vegetables!

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “Here is Your Life” with an oak tree

Film: A starfish

Scene 3: Susan finds that Big Bird is homesick. She suggests that he call Sesame Street, so they telephone Hooper’s Store. Mr. Hooper answers Big Bird’s call, and beckons everyone else over. Gordon listens and interprets for Linda.

Cartoon: J is for Jam (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #5

Muppets/Song: The Anything Muppets sing, “J Friends”

Film: The story of James, who lives in a pueblo in New Mexico

Muppets: Ernie tries to fool Bert by wearing silly disguises, but Bert isn’t amused. Finally, a wolf appears, but Bert thinks that it’s Ernie in disguise…

Celebrity: The New York Knicks bounce a normal round basketball, while Bill Cosby tries to bounce a square basketball.

Scene 4: In New Mexico, Susan writes a postcard to Gordon. Meanwhile, Gordon writes a postcard to Susan!

Film: Horses (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Waiter Grover serves alphabet soup to Mr. Johnson, but keeps forgetting letters. Once Grover finally brings out the Z, Mr. Johnson points out that the soup has gone cold: “Take it back and bring me another bowl!”

Cartoon: U is for Uniform

Cartoon: A boy buys a U for the word “up”

Muppets: An Anything Muppet newsboy calls from his stand, “Extra, extra! Read all about it. Four people fooled!” Ernie reads the paper, but can’t find any article with that title. The newsboy shouts out, “Read all about it. FIVE people fooled!”

Scene 5: Big Bird and Luis watch Sofia as she knits clothing for her baby.

Film: Five ladies perform a song and dance about the number 5

Cartoon: U is for Up (two men on a seesaw, one gets catapulted into the ceiling)

Film: Making apple cider

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and John-John talk about up and down

Film: Time-lapse video of sprouting seeds (jazzy soundtrack)

Muppets: Cookie Monster counts to 20 with a chroma-key cloth (upon opening it for the last time, Kermit appears!)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – U is for Umbrella

Scene 6: Sofia persuades David to try a fresh tortilla made of maize. David enjoys it a lot, and asks what goes well with it. Sofia says that people eat it with meat, beans, and fresh vegetables. Oscar disagrees, and says that he likes his tortillas with spaghetti, chocolate sauce, and anchovies!

Cartoon: A man demonstrates up and down

Muppets: Bert notices Ernie carrying glasses of water out of the apartment, and wonders what he’s using the water for. It turns out that the faucet is broken, and Ernie’s trying to get rid of the water before the apartment floods!

Film: George the Farmer counts 10 barrels

Celebrity: Victor Borge talks about up and down by playing high and low notes on the piano

Film/Song: “Pockets” (sung by Marilyn Sokol)

Cartoon: Two heads fight over a subway seat

Muppets/Song: The Anything Muppets sing about “The Subway”

Cartoon: What if I popped your balloon?

Film/Song: “Everybody Eats” (by Joe Raposo)

Scene 7: Oscar is eating disgusting food combos on the tortillas. Oscar: “Boy, this peanut butter and roast beef tortilla is delicious! Hey David, pass me the sriracha and canned peaches, will you?” David walks in, wrinkles his nose, and quickly hands Oscar the food before announcing the sponsors. SS sign still: Bob and Linda. CTW sign still: the Count.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

**Special guest: Carla Pinza as Sofia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Grover, Bert, Cookie Monster, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, Mr. Johnson, AMs

Richard Hunt as AMs

Fran Brill as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 108 details the fourth day in New Mexico! Plus, Grover pitches a weather machine to Kermit, Judy Collins sings about fishermen, and old-school Muppet legends Simon Soundman and Roosevelt Franklin are featured.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 108

Season 10: New Mexico, 2.0 Day 4

Sponsors: Q, R, 8

Scene 1: Sofia takes Luis, Maria, and Bob for a walk through the desert. Along the way, Sofia points out the various creatures native to the land.

Cartoon: Two rattlesnakes encounter a giant rabbit in the desert

Muppets/Song: “Women Can Be”

Film: The Mad Painter #8

Cartoon: A boy asks a wizard to conjure up things that start with R

Muppets: Ernie paints a picture of Bert, but it shows Bert with a beard, long hair, and glasses! Ernie “fixes” the problem by putting fake hair and glasses on Bert!

Scene 2: The Count has counted all the chickens, cows, sheep, and vegetables on the farm. Luis suggests that he counts plants. The Count finds a cactus and counts the spikes, but he pricks his finger in the process!

Cartoon: The weary traveler asks the wise man to explain none, some, and all using a basket of oranges

Film: A boy goes to the dentist

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit interviews Aladdin and the Genie

Cartoon: Q is for Quiet (tree chopping)

Cartoon: An ant moves a giant letter Q up a hill

Muppets/Celebrity: Judy Collins sings, “The Fisherman’s Song” with the Muppets

Film: Wild geese

Scene 3: Oscar wants to try riding a horse, against Bob and Sofia’s wishes. Before Oscar can properly mount the horse, the horse takes off, dragging Oscar along! Bob: “Oscar! That’s not a farm horse…that’s a wild horse! You’re not going to be able to control it!” Oscar (yelling): “All the better for me, Bright Eyes! Yee-ha!”

Cartoon: A woman puts an “R” under the hood of her car, and it goes, “Rrrrr…”

Muppets: Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School – Bad Luck to Be Born a Duck

Scene 4: Maria wishes that she could ride a horse. Luis and the local New Mexico kids offer to teach her.

Muppets: Simon Soundman goes to the music store to buy a trumpet, but the salesman keeps bringing him the wrong instruments

Cartoon: A STOP sign causes a train to stop

Cartoon: A guitarist is drawn as English- and Spanish-speaking kids guess what it is

Film/Song: “I’m a Hard Working Dog”

Scene 5: Luis, Maria, and the kids ride horses through the beautiful New Mexico valleys and forests.

Muppets: Grover the Salesman attempts to sell a weather machine to Kermit

Cartoon: The letter Q (what is that funny-looking thing?)

Film: Making horseshoes

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #8

Scene 6: Luis walks around the ranch by himself and sings, “My Special Place.”

Cartoon: The “O” in the word “STOP” keeps bouncing around, and the other three letters tell it to stop

Muppets: Cookie Monster sounds out the word “FOOD” and eats the letters, the salt and pepper containers, and his napkin!

Film: A jackrabbit (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: A race announcer doubles as the man who holds up the START and STOP signs

Muppets: Bert teaches his pet pigeon Bernice how to play checkers. Ernie is amazed by Bernice’s ability, until Bert delivers the punchline: “Out of the ten games we’ve played, she’s only beaten me twice.”

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #8

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “What Is It?” Featuring Grover, Biff, and Prairie Dawn

Cartoon: The King of Eight (stop-motion animation by Jim Henson)

Film: STOP! (kids dancing)

Scene 7: At night, the adults sit around a small outdoor bonfire and talk about their time in New Mexico so far. Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Kermit and a kid. CTW sign still: Luis.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

**Special guest: Carla Pinza as Sofia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Simon Soundman, Biff, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn

Matt Robinson as Roosevelt Franklin

Richard Hunt as AMs