Steve Whitmire has left the Muppets, Matt Vogel to continue as Kermit

dwayne1115

Reaction score
you should've seen the comments for the the first Kermit MTOTW. Disneyphillip kept bashing those who didn't like Matt's Performance and Wanted Steve to Come Back.
The thing is I can understand people wanting to try and move on, but I think some people and fan sites (ToughPigs & Mindset) have just abandoned Steve in an effort to "accept" this change.
Reading Steve's blog you will see what has really been going on and the battle he has tried to fight for the integrity of The Muppets.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The thing is I can understand people wanting to try and move on, but I think some people and fan sites (ToughPigs & Mindset) have just abandoned Steve in an effort to "accept" this change.
Reading Steve's blog you will see what has really been going on and the battle he has tried to fight for the integrity of The Muppets.
I don't think we should be fighting to get Steve back, that would accomplish nothing. Disney isn't changing it's mind anytime soon. However, I do agree with Steve saying that they not only need better writers, but the performers need to have more say in what their characters do.
And, like I said before- i'd love to see a major production with the performers making the creative decisions, and maybe even writing it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't think we should be fighting to get Steve back, that would accomplish nothing. Disney isn't changing it's mind anytime soon. However, I do agree with Steve saying that they not only need better writers, but the performers need to have more say in what their characters do.
And, like I said before- i'd love to see a major production with the performers making the creative decisions, and maybe even writing it.
Steve is still trying to get back to Kermit. He went as far to say he would do the Hollywood bowl concert for free.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Steve is still trying to get back to Kermit. He went as far to say he would do the Hollywood bowl concert for free.
We understand that he is still trying, but the odds that he would actually be allowed back are slim to none. Think about it, Disney doesn't want him back, the Henson family wasn't happy with his performance of Kermit. If he came back now, the work environment would be so hostile. Again, I would love to see Steve come back someday, but unfortunately, I feel like the damage this whole story has caused is irreversible.

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
Obviously it will take Matt time to get the voice down pat, it took Steve a while to at first. Steve's lines were limited like in A Muppets Christmas Carol. It will also take us fans a while to get used to Matt's Kermit. I think Vogel's Kermit sounds a lot like Jim's 1970's Kermit so there is definitely potential there! For people that don't want to accept this decision by Disney to fire Whitmire what really can anyone do at this point but to boycott the Muppets till either Whitmire Is re hired or Disney sells the Muppets. I don't think either is happening so we should really just accept this and move on, its not healthy to our mind body and spirit to have all this anger towards Disney for this Firing. were all always going to be Muppets fans for life The pin will go away with time and the new Kermit Matt Vogel will grow in our hearts. its not like Matt Vogel isn't a great Veteran Muppet performer in his own right. he wouldn't take on the mantle of Kermit The Frog if he didn't think it was the right thing to do...

DARTH MUPPET

Reaction score
We understand that he is still trying, but the odds that he would actually be allowed back are slim to none. Think about it, Disney doesn't want him back, the Henson family wasn't happy with his performance of Kermit. If he came back now, the work environment would be so hostile. Again, I would love to see Steve come back someday, but unfortunately, I feel like the damage this whole story has caused is irreversible.
unless Disney rehires Whitmire they aren't going to let him do the Hollywood Bowl show even for free. Matt Vogel is going to need all the practice in the world at the Kermit voice like I said to get the voice down pat. weather it be interviews on the news, like Good Morning America and the like, or Muppets Thought Of The Week, or the show at The Hollywood Bowl its all practice for Vogel that he will need before the next TV Show, or TV Special, or Theatrical Movie...

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
I agree trying to bring Steve back is like the save the Muppets campaign in 2016 when the show was cancelled. We could try all we liked but Disney aren't gonna listen. But yes we need more writers that know the characters or have a Jerry Juhl type person working as a writer full time

gravy

Reaction score
Kermit will always be with us! He's back and better!
Cross out ''better.''

GIVE THE FRIGGIN MAN SOME TIME TO PERFECT IT. You can't compliment him after barely doing anything. That's like saying if a photographer took one photo of just a chair and then calling him the best photographer in the world.

or something like that