New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My name is James, Im 34 years old and Ive been a fan of everything Jim Henson since I can remember. My parents like to tell stories about when I was about a year and a half old, how they would put me in front of the television when I would cry and put The Muppets, Fraggle Rock or Sesame Street on and I'd instantly stop crying and start laughing. My first book report in elementary school was the autobiography of Jim Henson. Sappy as it may sound, Im sure a lot of people may share this sentiment with me, The Muppets remind me of my innocence before I was corrupted by the world, where your imagination and creativity were everything and nothing else mattered.
Not sex, not money, not anything other than singing, dancing, laughing and coming up with the craziest ideas and them being perfectly reasonable and understood.
Thank You Jim Henson and Company for everything because you helped mold me and my fragile budding imagination into the creative and artistic man I am today.
Hi James! Sesame Street still makes me laugh to this very day also.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm not a "new" member per-say, but I do want to re-introduce myself to other newcomers because I haven't used this account in over a long, long time (and I'll explain later in detail), and I honestly would like to start over.

My name is Alex, and I have an account on YouTube known as "LittleJerryfan92." My original username on this website was called "bigjeffy", with a profile picture of Big Jeffy of Little Jerry and the Monotones. I originally signed up on this website in early 2007 when I was 14 years old and a lot different than I am now. I was uncomfortable revealing that I was the same person as (then-currently) "wattamack4" on YouTube (which I later on changed to the username mentioned above) and pretend to be a person named "Jeffy" (I think some vet members here caught onto it, though). I eventually abandoned the account in early '08 because I wasn't proud of how I started off and didn't bother to come back until many years later. I've done a lot of growing up over the years and am now comfortable revealing who I am to others.

Now, I'm currently 24 years old, just finishing up college in the digital media productions field and looking to get a job in my field. I've been a fan of the muppets ever since I was a little one.

Anyway, that's all I need to say. I don't know how often I'll be on here, but I always enjoy talking about muppets with my fellow peers on YouTube and the Muppet wiki and hope to make a new, fresh start with everyone.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Hey, welcome back to the forum, man!

Knowing you online from over the years, I was kinda surprised you didn't post here much, but it's good to finally hear from you on the forum and give us an update. :wink:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Hey, welcome back to the forum, man!

Knowing you online from over the years, I was kinda surprised you didn't post here much, but it's good to finally hear from you on the forum and give us an update. :wink:
Thanks, Matt. Feels great to be back!

AzureMischief

Reaction score
Greetings from Russia! Privet! :big_grin:

Name's Julia, and I'd been knowing and loving the local version of Sesame Street for already 20 years (though now it seems to be dormant, who can stop me from rewatching and rediscovering its episodes?). Thanks to it, I discovered Fraggle Rock and The Muppet Show later, and love them nearly as much.
If it hadn't been for Ulitsa Sezam, who knows what I'd become. But now, despite having a job and looking visually like a grown-up, I'm a kid-at-heart who doesn't regret her choice one bit. The Muppet characters gave my life colors and vigor; the big blue spirit in a shaggy mantle owns my heart for ever and ever, and all I can do is also show them all my love and gratitude in fanarts and fanfics.

But it's only now I've developed enough skills in both drawing/painting and in English to properly show that love. For those who'd seen my fanarts outside MC, I want to apologize that there's currently very few Muppet-themed ones for now. The older ones I have in storage need a major remaking and will show up for everyone once they're finished.

And yes, as for the avatar: the blue guy on the right is actually Zeliboba, the spirit I mentioned above. :smile: Last year, I was lucky enough to find a person who'd agree to make a plush as show-accurate as possible, and in May of this year, he finally arrived to my place. I can tell more about him (and post more photos) later, either in a separate thread or in the one about Muppet fanstuff (if there is one).

BEAR 2

Reaction score
Hi, Friends! I'm not exactly new to MC. I actually joined 12 years ago as BEAR. I was so happy to find such a wonderful, fun, and passionate place to share with others one of my great loves, the work of Jim Henson and company. Back then, I was 23 years old, almost done with with college with a degree in theater and 3 years away from getting married. I was pretty active here in discussions and games and bonded with some wonderful friends. There came a point when life kind of took over and my focus went in other directions. I moved to NYC, started working a lot on theater projects, I became a professional puppeteer starting my own puppet company, and even performed on Disney Cruise Line for a couple of years, but I never loved my passion for the Muppets. I just fed my passion outside the forum. Well, 12 years later, I'm still in NYC and living my entertainment dreams, now minus a wife. We split last year. So now I am starting a new chapter in my life. Things have been hard at times lately, but I always remember what cheers me up when I'm feeling down...the fuzzy silly and charming Muppets. So I thought of Muppet Central and decided to check back in. Well, I wasn't able to sign into my old account. So, I started a new one -- BEAR 2! I don't know how active I'll be, but I thought I'd add my 2 cents in when inspiration strikes me. Add there is SO MUCH to discuss lately... changes to Sesame Street, Steve Whitmire's exit, Sesame Street's 50th anniversary coming up, what's next for the Muppet clan, Julie's Greenroom, etc.

I love all things Muppet, but my focus has always been on Sesame Street. I watched it ever since I was a baby and somehow never really grew out of it. It was such a wonderful example of community and family of friends. I always felt like Gordon, Maria, Bob, Linda, Big Bird, etc, were like my other family, which is why I got so strangely emotional when i heard Bob, Gordon and Luis were being "evicted". It was like we never got to say goodbye to old friends. I don't watch as frequently now but i still follow and check in. The format and style has changed. The stories are different but what can we do. My dream is to work there. That's how passionate i am about the show and its message.

It's nice to be back in the MC neighborhood!

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember you! Bryon is your name, isn't it? I'm pretty sure you've been here longer than 5 years ago . . . I believe we were MySpace friends waaay back when MySpace used to still be a thing, and gosh, that was many ages and moons ago. :stick_out_tongue:

Nice to see another old face around here again! :excited: