The Muppet Show Season 1-3 releasing 3/15/16

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was said at a convention last year that they not only need to clear the music, but they also have to pay all living musicians. Not sure if that means the musicians who worked on the show or the musicians involved with the songs (and I don't know why it would have to be the latter), but with that statement in mind I guess it's safe to assume that they don't have to deal with the guest stars or their estates (after all, they would have mentioned that fact, wouldn't they?).

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I just got a new copy of season 2, Instead of how the old ones come in the nice box, the new one comes in a cheaply made plastic case, which was broken when I received it, The rewards paper is replaced with a newer version and the discs come like the new Disney DVDs where it has a light gray cover with The Muppet Show and Disc (number) on them. I am very disappointed in the quality of the rerelease. :attitude:
Edit: It still has 4 discs, have not checked the trailers and have not looked to see if the ommited material is back as I just got it in the mail today.
Wow, that's just sad, here I was expecting something better, they should have just not released it altogether.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Sorry this is late but I think the reason that they re-released it so poorly is to force the ABC studios logo on to the box before they revealed that the new show was cancelled.
Thanks for the info, I doubt they'll make much money considering people rarely buy DVDs anymore and they probably already bought them.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Here's a list of all the celebrity estates Disney may have to deal with from Season 4-5 of The Muppet Show: Marty Feldman, Buddy Rich, Dizzy Gillespie, Gene Kelly, John Denver, Señor Wences, Doug Henning, Jean-Pierre Rampal, Victor Borge, Dudley Moore, James Coburn, Johnny Cash, Tony Randall, Christopher Reeve, Beverly Sills, Lorene Yarnell, Wally Boag, Andy Williams, & Jonathan Winter. That's 19 & counting estates so far.
Don't forget to add Roger Moore to the list of celebrity estates. He died recently.

DMHFan

Reaction score
Don't forget to add Roger Moore to the list of celebrity estates. He died recently.
EDIT: Now Carol Channing is another one of the guest stars to be dealt with.