The Son of Zorn thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
By the way. This isn't the first time Fox attempted a live action/animated hybrid sitcom. First to come to series, maybe, but there was another.

This is the first time I heard of that show. So I guess, like the other networks, that FOX was also trying to cash in on the popularity of The Simpsons with an animated show (I assume that one was intended for adults and shown in prime time as well).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Well, that was a heck of a season finale. Zorn sells off his Zephyrian possessions as he leaves his past behind (showing a good sign of growing up in the process), Edie and Craig finally tie the knot, and Alan gets pregnant from one of his two wangs that Zephyrian males apparently have (please don't ask me how that works).
Oh yeah, and in a cliffhanger, Zorn's arch-nemesis kidnaps him back to Zephyria over a powerful artifact mentioned earlier. Hopefully this show gets a 2nd season so that the writers can continue this story.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
Now this is interesting: a real-life actor with a similar height is used as a stand-in for Zorn, and then the scene is shot again without him for the animators to add Zorn in the scene. I really like this as it gives the actors someone to react to, though they try to minimize any scenes of handing objects over as that would apparently be too difficult.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/son-zorn-meet-real-life-931724

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Now this is interesting: a real-life actor with a similar height is used as a stand-in for Zorn, and then the scene is shot again without him for the animators to add Zorn in the scene. I really like this as it gives the actors someone to react to, though they try to minimize any scenes of handing objects over as that would apparently be too difficult.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/son-zorn-meet-real-life-931724
That's very interesting. Now i'm kind of curious to see one of the scenes with the original actor in it.

mr3urious

Reaction score

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Now this totally blows. :frown:

http://deadline.com/2017/05/making-history-son-of-zorn-apb-canceled-fox-one-season-1202089949/

Maybe Son of Zorn will make the jump to Netflix or another streaming platform, though that seems unlikely. This show really did make something of itself and had a very big cliffhanger in the finale, but apparently the ratings weren't enough to justify the difficulty in producing it. The well-received Making History has also been canned, too.
That's too bad! FOX was just finding it's voice again. Now all they really have is their three major animated series, Brooklyn 9-9, and New Girl, which is ending soon.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
That's too bad! FOX was just finding it's voice again. Now all they really have is their three major animated series, Brooklyn 9-9, and New Girl, which is ending soon.
Why are so many shows especially good ones getting canceled?