The “What did you do today?” thread

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Just got back home from Chicago yesterday! We got there on Tuesday, and the airport was more busy than i'd ever seen. There were beautiful murals painted on the walls, and on the bottom floor there was a subway station. It was both scary and exciting learning how to read the maps, buy tickets from the machines, and get on the right train. It was the first time I ever went on a subway. When we finally got to where we were going, it was amazing. So many huge buildings, and taxis, a lot of traffic- it's basically like New York City but with less people. We went to our hotel, which was very nice, although there were six of us in one room and only two beds. For dinner we ate at a place called Giodani's Pizza (When you go to Chicago, you have to eat the local pizza) and we looked around the city for a while, there were a lot of places we hadn't heard of, and lots of places we had like Hard Rock Cafe (where we had desert) and Seven Eleven (minus the actual gas station part). There was even this huge McDonalds that was two stories high and had old toys from the 50s-2000s on display, and very interesting snow globes. We went to a clothes store so I could buy a coat (it was only 50 degrees there, while it was about 80 degrees where we live), and we went back to our hotel so that we wouldn't be out in a big city after dark. The day was so busy that I fell asleep as soon as we got into our room, and it wasn't even 9pm yet.

The next day, we checked out of the hotel, ate breakfast at the big McDonalds (which was just across the street), and than we called an Uber to take us downtown so we could see Hamilton! That's right, the second biggest production of the smash hit Lin Manuel Miranda play Hamilton! It was fantastic! Then we went to a nice restaurant for dinner (I forget what it's called,but they actually take your order while your still waiting in line :excited:)
And than, we went on another subway, which took us back to the airport, and we went back home.

Overall, it was the most fun, most adventurous vacation I ever had, and i'd love to go back some day to experience all the amazing pizza places in Chicago that I didn't get to go to. Hopefully we'll stay longer this time. :smile:

Next week will be equally as tiring because we're going to Washington DC to see the museums, and the outside of the White house (and maybe blow it up). Im excited, but very exhausted just thinking about it! Also, can't wait to finally see my friends again when I get back.

cjd874

Reaction score
Just got back home from Chicago yesterday! We got there on Tuesday, and the airport was more busy than i'd ever seen. There were beautiful murals painted on the walls, and on the bottom floor there was a subway station. It was both scary and exciting learning how to read the maps, buy tickets from the machines, and get on the right train. It was the first time I ever went on a subway. When we finally got to where we were going, it was amazing. So many huge buildings, and taxis, a lot of traffic- it's basically like New York City but with less people. We went to our hotel, which was very nice, although there were six of us in one room and only two beds. For dinner we ate at a place called Giodani's Pizza (When you go to Chicago, you have to eat the local pizza) and we looked around the city for a while, there were a lot of places we hadn't heard of, and lots of places we had like Hard Rock Cafe (where we had desert) and Seven Eleven (minus the actual gas station part). There was even this huge McDonalds that was two stories high and had old toys from the 50s-2000s on display, and very interesting snow globes. We went to a clothes store so I could buy a coat (it was only 50 degrees there, while it was about 80 degrees where we live), and we went back to our hotel so that we wouldn't be out in a big city after dark. The day was so busy that I fell asleep as soon as we got into our room, and it wasn't even 9pm yet.

The next day, we checked out of the hotel, ate breakfast at the big McDonalds (which was just across the street), and than we called an Uber to take us downtown so we could see Hamilton! That's right, the second biggest production of the smash hit Lin Manuel Miranda play Hamilton! It was fantastic! Then we went to a nice restaurant for dinner (I forget what it's called,but they actually take your order while your still waiting in line :excited:)
And than, we went on another subway, which took us back to the airport, and we went back home.

Overall, it was the most fun, most adventurous vacation I ever had, and i'd love to go back some day to experience all the amazing pizza places in Chicago that I didn't get to go to. Hopefully we'll stay longer this time. :smile:

Next week will be equally as tiring because we're going to Washington DC to see the museums, and the outside of the White house (and maybe blow it up). Im excited, but very exhausted just thinking about it! Also, can't wait to finally see my friends again when I get back.
Chicago is a great city! Did you go to see the Bean? It's that famous reflective sculpture that's shaped like...well, a bean. It's a huge tourist attraction.

Chicago has great pizza, too...but they make great hot dogs as well! If I recall, a Chicago dog has yellow mustard, relish, a dill pickle spear, chopped white onions, tomato wedges, pickled peppers, and celery salt. One of my favorite foods that's not a New York original.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Chicago is a great city! Did you go to see the Bean? It's that famous reflective sculpture that's shaped like...well, a bean. It's a huge tourist attraction.

Chicago has great pizza, too...but they make great hot dogs as well! If I recall, a Chicago dog has yellow mustard, relish, a dill pickle spear, chopped white onions, tomato wedges, pickled peppers, and celery salt. One of my favorite foods that's not a New York original.
Nope, didn't see the Bean. Hotdogs is what we ate at that place I couldn't remember the name of, and it had pretty much all the things you listed, minus the relish. It was probably the best hotdog I ever had!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Just got back home from Chicago yesterday! ...

Woot! Although it's only two and a half hours from us, and we have three friends who live there (including my sweetie's best friend), I haven't visited Chicago yet. I want to visit the museums, the aquarium, and eat at the Brazilian steakhouse.

DC is cool if you hit it before the crowds do. See as much of the Smithsonian as you can; it's awesome! The National Zoo is also excellent.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Woot! Although it's only two and a half hours from us, and we have three friends who live there (including my sweetie's best friend), I haven't visited Chicago yet. I want to visit the museums, the aquarium, and eat at the Brazilian steakhouse.
I hope you get to go sometime, it's definitely fun as long as you plan you're day in advance, but leave lots of room to explore because you just might see something cool you didn't know was there.
DC is cool if you hit it before the crowds do. See as much of the Smithsonian as you can; it's awesome! The National Zoo is also excellent.
Crowds shouldn't be too terrible as we're mostly doing things in the morning on weekdays. I really hope to see Oscar and Kermit while at the Smithsonian. The old war planes look cool too.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
My aunt asked me what YouTube Poop is and if it has anything to do with actual poop. I assured her it doesn't and showed her 3 YTPs (they were a Gravity Falls one, a Toy Story one, and a Happy Tree Friends one). She didn't seem to laugh much, but told me that she finds them to be very creative and interesting. Later on, she asked me if they make fun of SpongeBob and Family Guy (my cousin is still a huge SpongeBob/Family Guy fan to this day and she wanted something funny about both series to show him after a long day at work). So we watched a bunch of Spingebill and Family Guy YTPs together that evening.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
My aunt asked me what YouTube Poop is and if it has anything to do with actual poop. I assured her it doesn't and showed her 3 YTPs (they were a Gravity Falls one, a Toy Story one, and a Happy Tree Friends one). She didn't seem to laugh much, but told me that she finds them to be very creative and interesting. Later on, she asked me if they make fun of SpongeBob and Family Guy (my cousin is still a huge SpongeBob/Family Guy fan to this day and she wanted something funny about both series to show him after a long day at work). So we watched a bunch of Spingebill and Family Guy YTPs together that evening.
Did she laugh at those?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Did she laugh at those?
Yes. Especially Spingebill and Skudwarde Get Robophobia. As far as the Family Guy poops ago, my aunt's not a big Family Guy fan because of the jokes about God, but she likes the YTPs of Family Guy because I don't think that they've ever used the infamous Jesus character from FG in YTP (that I'm aware of).

AubreeMadison

Reaction score
We had our class awards today at school and I got one from my dance teacher for my "dedication to the arts and willingness to try things out of my comfort zone." and then I got to spend some time with my best friend HaLeigh in her choir so that was pretty fun.