Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Now, obviously I don't work for Disney, so I could be wrong. The fact that they're starting to promote the first three seasons again could show us that they're going to release the last two in the foreseeable future. I don't actually know how far they got in terms of clearing the rights to songs and all that. But, at this point, unless they only plan to release a limited number of copies, I doubt this would even be very profitable anymore.
It's been years since season 1-3 came and DVDs are dying out, so it seems unlikely that this'll happen. If they are released, it'll most likely be on a streaming service. And in fact, i'd argue the fact that the episodes are still online and Disney hasn't taken them down for copyright shows that they probably don't have much hope to release them anytime soon.
I disagree. DVDs are not dying out.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Now, obviously I don't work for Disney, so I could be wrong. The fact that they're starting to promote the first three seasons again could show us that they're going to release the last two in the foreseeable future. I don't actually know how far they got in terms of clearing the rights to songs and all that. But, at this point, unless they only plan to release a limited number of copies, I doubt this would even be very profitable anymore.
It's been years since season 1-3 came and DVDs are dying out, so it seems unlikely that this'll happen. If they are released, it'll most likely be on a streaming service. And in fact, i'd argue the fact that the episodes are still online and Disney hasn't taken them down for copyright shows that they probably don't have much hope to release them anytime soon.
They have been taken down the main source. It's just that there are so many episodes of not just TMS, but tons of other shows illegally on YT.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I disagree. DVDs are not dying out.
God.. give it a rest.

The physical media market definitely isn't what it used to be, now that streaming and digital media is so prominent.

TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray are definitely victims of this (the fact that they won't even put anymore Simpsons on DVD is a huge indicator).

It's nice that you want the rest of The Muppet Show on DVD, we all do, but stop with "fingers in my ears I'm not listening lalalalala!" act.

BlakeConor14

Reaction score
it has been 10 years since season 3 and about 7/8 years since season 4 was announced so I'm starting to get the feeling that IT'S NOT HAPPENING

Duke Remington

Reaction score
God.. give it a rest.

The physical media market definitely isn't what it used to be, now that streaming and digital media is so prominent.

TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray are definitely victims of this (the fact that they won't even put anymore Simpsons on DVD is a huge indicator).

It's nice that you want the rest of The Muppet Show on DVD, we all do, but stop with "fingers in my ears I'm not listening lalalalala!" act.
Sorry, but I can't and won't.