Official: Disney announces Muppet Babies return in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the official news...

Fans of all things Muppet, get ready to rejoice: Disney has just begun production on a brand-new, “reimagined” Muppet Babies! The CG-animated series—which will chronicle the playroom antics of the beloved Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, Animal, and more—is slated to debut on Disney Junior in early 2018.

Geared towards kids ages 4 through 7, each episode will feature two 11-minute stories that follow the Muppet Babies on various adventures—from building a time machine to flying through outer space—as they let their imaginations take them to the farthest corners of the universe. The stories are designed to highlight creative and critical thinking skills by using the power of imaginative (and it being the Muppets, hilarious) play.

Stay tuned for more info on Disney Junior’s new Muppet Babies as it becomes available!

https://d23.com/muppet-babies-return-in-2018-plus-more-in-news-briefs/?share_token=81732769b8

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I love the designs for this - the texture makes them look like actual puppets . . . makes me wonder how their mouths will be animated? Will they move like puppet mouths do, or will their mouth movements match their syllables?

mr3urious

Reaction score
I really like their new designs, especially how they look like foam and fleece puppets. A bit disappointed they aren't going the Lion Guard route and making them 2D, but there's still room for art shifts and medium blending in their imaginations, like the episode where they tried to make their own cartoons.

The nursery also has a nice look to it, looking more like something in a daycare center like I hoped for, rather than an actual child's bedroom. And I do like Piggy's new dress, going from a frou-frou Shirley Temple design to more of a 1950s poodle skirt, what with the star patterns and all.

Still worried about Scooter and Rowlf getting the boot, though also no mention of their new lamb character Bobbi Baba who may very well be Skeeter's replacement, so it's still pretty early to tell.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Still worried about Scooter and Rowlf getting the boot, though also no mention of their new lamb character Bobbi Baba who may very well be Skeeter's replacement, so it's still pretty early to tell.
True, and the article does say "Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal- AND MORE"; So maybe they're just simply listing the most popular characters and not all the characters that'll be there. So i'm sure Rowlf and Scooter will show up - at least as recurring characters. Also, I totally forgot Bunsen and Beaker were on the original show, hopefully they'll make appearances as well.

But keep in mind, most preschool shows these days don't have more than around six main characters, so I would understand if Disney decided to just keep the cast down to the most marketable Muppets.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Kind of unexpected news, but so far it looks good! I'm not particularly desiring a new version of Muppet Babies, but hopefully this will be a good, fun series for kids to watch. And beyond that, I'm mainly hoping this will spur interest to release DVD sets of the classic '80s Muppet Babies cartoon.:smile::embarrassed::concern::mad::wink::sympathy::halo::confused::eek::flirt::sleep::boo:
(Trying to represent all the Muppets who appeared on the cartoon there- also, there are Robin, Camilla and Bean Bunny.)

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay- well, unexpected news to me then. I haven't been keeping up on Muppets happenings for a while- this is the first time I've posted on the message board here in a long while.... I haven't forgotten it, but I will readily admit I'm rather sporadic in posting..... too much of that pesky "real life" stuff that gets in the way- lol.:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.