Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4632 - Sesame Ocean

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I think Barkley didn't due to Bruce Connelly not performing on SST anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Caught the PBS rebroadcast and, well, first off all the show still has sponsors despite the fact this season was bought and paid for by HBO. Just two of them, but still, I thought this was dealt with. Maybe it's on PBS's end?

This was a fine episode. It managed to be a story for the younger parts of the audience without being too cloying and feeling dumbed down. They even managed to do what they've always done right, faux-interactivity that doesn't feel like they're really talking down to kids. Mainly because they did it snappy enough and had the characters react like a person would instead of staying dead silent for 20 seconds. Loved the Cowabunga Cookie Shark, loved seeing the fun fish versions of Muppet characters. Oscar the Crab being orange is a nice little mythology gag, even if unintentional. And it caps off with a fun Smart Cookies (love how the beach was made entirely out of cookies for some reason) and a nice ETM. The pacing of each segment didn't feel as short and cut off as most of the episodes this season.

And I have to wonder. Sesame Workshop usually winds up having to reuse these new puppets for budget reasons. They devoted an entire street story to Telly raising a duck just so they could find an excuse to reuse Duck Telly from the Elmo and the Wolf special. Seems that we haven't seen the last of the fish versions of those characters. I especially like Grover as an eel.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Oscar the Crab being orange is a nice little mythology gag, even if unintentional. And it caps off with a fun Smart Cookies (love how the beach was made entirely out of cookies for some reason) and a nice ETM. The pacing of each segment didn't feel as short and cut off as most of the episodes this season.
I never really thought about it before but, I guess, logically anything Oscar turns into would be orange, since that's his natural color.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Then again, it's probably easier to slap Oscar eyebrows on the existing crab puppet than to make a green one. Also the bit wouldn't have worked unless he was that color.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I think Barkley didn't due to Bruce Connelly not performing on SST anymore.
Really. I knew he was no longer credited, but I didn't know he left the show altogether.

:smile::embarrassed::concern: Really? I knew he was no longer credited, but I didn't know he left the show.

What I don't get is if that's the case, why don't they just recast him? After all, Barkley has had so many different performers over the years, another recast shouldn't make too much of a difference. I guess he's just one of the characters to go along with Linda, Bob, Gordon and the rest of them. *sigh*