Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4632 - Sesame Ocean

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4632 - Sesame Ocean
HBO Premiere: Saturday August 13, 2016
PBS Premiere: Tuesday September 13, 2016

Abby turns Sesame Street into a magical ocean so Dorothy can swim anywhere she likes but when she disappears, Elmo and Abby follow clues to find her. Also featuring Cookie Monster's Smart Cookies ("Relaxing on Pecan Sandy Beach") and Elmo the Musical ("Beach the Musical"). Brought to you by the letter O and the number 6.

This episode features an all-new street story and a new Elmo the Musical.

If you saw "Sesame Ocean", let others know. Please like this post and share your thoughts.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
OOOOooooooOOOOOOOooooooOOOOOOoooooOOooooo! I loved this episode oodles and oodles! What can I say? I'm a sucker for aquatic tales. I loved the fish versions of all the different characters (and Chris as a merman), and this even gave me some idea of how I could redesign an old crab cartoon character of mine as a puppet (though Johnny T. has already beat me to an underwater puppet series). Did anyone else besides me feel just a tiny little bit of a reference vibe the way they made Oscar the Crab orange? Cowabunga Cookie Shark was perhaps my favorite, lol.

And hey, I do believe this is our first repeat of a Smart Cookies.

Overall, definitely an upper tier episode for me this season.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
This episode was pretty good. All the fish versions of the characters were cool. Plus it's the first new material we have with Dorothy since EW ended. The new ETM was very good. I liked Tyler Bunch's impression of Sebastian that he gave the crab. And Stephanie was good as the shrimp.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
'Tis is a shame it's the last new street story of the season, but it was very good. I loved the underwater designs of the typical street features.

I probably enjoyed this new ETM the most out of all the new ones this season (there were only 3, so not saying too much). I thought the songs for it were much better than the previous entires this year, though a little more time would've helped the story. I think it's the first time this season they've used the full theme for it.

Also, I guess Big Bird has a dog now?

Last edited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You mean other than Barkley?

:wisdom: :confused:

Guess now there'll be even more of a stronger connect between SST and Atlantis's sponsorship stemming from this episode. Sesame-lantis... Was Chris the only merbeing? Just asking since I'm not watching the current season/episodes. :concern:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You mean other than Barkley?

:wisdom: :confused:

Guess now there'll be even more of a stronger connect between SST and Atlantis's sponsorship stemming from this episode. Sesame-lantis... Was Chris the only merbeing? Just asking since I'm not watching the current season/episodes. :concern:
Yes, it was the same puppet as Dimples (new eyes, though).

And Chris was the only human who appeared.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Big Bird has a dog now? That's pretty cool. Don't know why they didn't just use Barkley though.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
[SESAME NERD TIME]

So, in the Sesame 4D show, there's a bit where Ernie and Bert are underwater in the ocean. There's a bunch of CGI fish and animals surrounding them, and some Muppetized kelp. See this vid:

You can see the dogfish, giant clam and kelp, which all exist in puppet form. The giant clam was in the street story and ETM and the dogfish, I'm assuming, was the Simon-fish. So, my theory is that they made puppet versions of those CGI characters for the CGI artists to reference to.

[/SESAME NERD TIME]

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Did anyone else besides me feel just a tiny little bit of a reference vibe the way they made Oscar the Crab orange?
I saw that one last night and I think I had a brain freeze then and forgot that Oscar used to be orange. But then when I woke up this morning I was thinking "Oh, yeah." Anyway, I wondered about that as well, whether it was intentional or just a coincidence.

Big Bird has a dog now? That's pretty cool. Don't know why they didn't just use Barkley though.
That's another thing I wondered about. I'd say it's because Barkley belongs to Linda, but Linda's not around anymore and Bob won't be next season. So it's anybody's guess.