Diamond Select Toys to Produce new Muppet figures and mini mates!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like there will be a toys r us/SDCC Muppet minimates exclusive: Formal Kermit and Piggy

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11433485

Yep, I'm coing back to this thread after reading the article at toughpigs stating the same. SDCC 2016 will have a TMTM Wedding set of Muppet Minimates exclusives. Wonder who the other two figures besides Tux Kermit and Wedding Piggy will be.

Also, I've noticed that there's one main figure who's paired either with an accessory set or two smaller buddy pack-in figures.
S1 was Kermit with Robin and Bean Bunny.
S2 was Animal with his drum set.
S3 will be Piggy with Foo-Foo and a penguin I'm calling now will be Gloria Estefan since they're including/making this set based on "Up Late with Miss Piggy" from the 2015 TV series.

BTW: I know Fozzie and Scooter were one of the other packs from S1, but who were the other? Bunsen and Beaker? And who got partnered with Dr. Teeth in S2? :search:

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Yep, I'm coing back to this thread after reading the article at toughpigs stating the same. SDCC 2016 will have a TMTM Wedding set of Muppet Minimates exclusives. Wonder who the other two figures besides Tux Kermit and Wedding Piggy will be.

Also, I've noticed that there's one main figure who's paired either with an accessory set or two smaller buddy pack-in figures.
S1 was Kermit with Robin and Bean Bunny.
S2 was Animal with his drum set.
S3 will be Piggy with Foo-Foo and a penguin I'm calling now will be Gloria Estefan since they're including/making this set based on "Up Late with Miss Piggy" from the 2015 TV series.

BTW: I know Fozzie and Scooter were one of the other packs from S1, but who were the other? Bunsen and Beaker? And who got partnered with Dr. Teeth in S2? :search:
The photo lineup reveals a classic penguin. One thing to consider about the toy industry is that it takes a year or more for an item to go from concept to store shelf. Considering that the episode featuring Gloria didn't air until February, that's just not feasible. The Penguin inclusion appears to have been a coincidence. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that Jamie. Is the Gloria Estefan puppet design truthfully that much different than the standard Muppet penguin, other than the size of course?

BTW: I remembered that Zoot was packed with Dr. Teeth as part of the S2 lineup. So that means Lips is the only member left to complete the Electric Mayhem past S3.

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
Thanks for that Jamie. Is the Gloria Estefan puppet design truthfully that much different than the standard Muppet penguin, other than the size of course?

BTW: I remembered that Zoot was packed with Dr. Teeth as part of the S2 lineup. So that means Lips is the only member left to complete the Electric Mayhem past S3.
Gloria Estefan looks more like a baby penguin in design, whereas the regular Muppet penguins are more adult.

Regarding the Electric Mayhem, are you talking about the Selects or the Minimates, Count? The Selects have Animal in Series 2 and Janice and Floyd in series 3. Dr. Teeth, Zoot, and Lips have not yet been announced. For the Minimates, Animal and Dr. Teeth are in series 2, and Floyd, Janice, Zoot, and Lips will all be in series 3, so that set will be completed soon. Hopefully this helps!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I was confusing the Minimate lineup with the Select figure line. I forgot that the article at toughpigs saying that Dr. Teeth and Zoot would be partnered together ended with the "Click here" comment referring to Minimate Zoot's tiny saxophone.

So what's the Select figure line's S2 consist of then? :search:

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Yes, I was confusing the Minimate lineup with the Select figure line. I forgot that the article at toughpigs saying that Dr. Teeth and Zoot would be partnered together ended with the "Click here" comment referring to Minimate Zoot's tiny saxophone.

So what's the Select figure line's S2 consist of then? :search:
a

Bunsen and Beaker with accessories
Statler and Waldorf with the balcony
Animal and his drum set

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, now I've got the complete line for the three series. It's a bit confusing since I'm not following it as hardcore as other people/purchasers.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Not forgetting the third S1 Select pack- :smile:+Robin+Bean Bunny!