ABC officially cancels "The Muppets"

Whatnot1988

Reaction score
While we're discussing ideas for new Muppet projects, I'd like to mention an idea I've talked about before in another thread:

Pigs in Space: The Animated Series
PIS:TAS is a sci-fi-comedy-action cartoon that would have very similar aspects to the Duck Dodgers series that ran on Cartoon Network a while back, though it takes its influence from other action-comedy cartoons as well. Yes, it would be nice if it was a puppet show, but being an homage to the action-comedy genre naturally demands it--it's hard to choreograph battle or combat scenes when the characters are cut off at (and usually don't exist below) the waist. In addition, the fact that two of the Muppeteers are coping with losses is circumvented by having the characters voiced by veteran cartoon VA's--Jeff Bennett for Link Hogthrob and maybe Rob Paulsen for Dr. Strangepork (I don't know who'd voice Piggy though). And yes, I am well aware that the Pigs in Space cast are no strangers to the world of animation, but you can't blame a guy for thinking out loud, right?

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppets will never have another cartoon series. We all remember the two proposals from the early 00's with ghastly designs. Can't seem to find them specifically on Muppet Wiki because the names escape me for a moment. Nothing came of those. Then there was Little Muppet Monsters, which we all know well was never finished and just pulled. Still don't see why they couldn't take all the finished and delivered animations and cut them into a short lived Mubbet Babies follow up show.

Seriously, anything outside of Muppet Babies (the ONLY one that was successful) just didn't have much of a baring on the Muppets. I doubt anyone would care to have a Muppet cartoon series if they aren't going to watch the actual Muppets.

Besides. The way they treat cartoons on TV today, it doesn't sound like anything that would likely be attempted. There's like 3 or 4 channels that have original animation that aren't preschool entertainment, and they only have a small roster of shows when they show them. That's why Dreamworks and so many others went to Netflix. At least there's a place for them.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If anyone is working on the Muppet Wikia, can you please put these in the "Unfinished projects" category. That's why I had trouble finding them.

But...ugh...those are worse than I remember. Well, the Electric Mayhem one sounds great, but Muppets '75? UGH! And there are those who found the reason for the Muppet break up depressing in The Muppets '11. Especially considering Lew Lorde was a tribute to the only one with the vision to get them their first series, that's...unpleasant and disrespectful. Clearly these were made when Family Guy started out.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
If anyone is working on the Muppet Wikia, can you please put these in the "Unfinished projects" category. That's why I had trouble finding them.
EDIT: Okay, so the reason it's not in the category of "Unfinished Projects" is because it wasn't created by anyone working with the Henson Company, it was simply pitched to them by a fan. Henson turned down the idea because they didn't want to do a cartoon with the main Muppet characters. There were never any plans from the company to make this show, thus the reason it's in the "Muppet Fandom" category.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I have to say I dig Piggy's locker in the "Waiting for Kermit" pitch - pictures of frogs on the door -nice touch!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Someone on Twitter asked Muppet director/writer what his next Muppet project would be, and he replied by saying he was writing and directing a series that he could not talk about. So they are working on something!

Also have you all been following the Muppets on Facebook and Twitter? Since the shows canalation they have been hitting those sites like crazy. Janice posted on Twitter a picture of the band saying they have been with her since her dad passed away. When did that happen?